Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Summit speed stirups

Old 11-25-2004, 08:55 PM

Default Summit speed stirups

Has anyone out there tried Summits new speed stirups yet? I have been thinking about
putting them on my Summit Viper stand. Seems like your foot would come out when you tip the stand to go up or down the tree.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:13 AM

Default RE: Summit speed stirups

I love the speed stirrups...Just got a new Goliath X4 stand. The lower portion of the stand doesn't fall off b/c there is a bungee cord that attaches across the frame just above the stirrups, and you hook your heels into the bungee cords then into the stirrups (if that makes any sense). It totally alleviates the problem of having to bend down to get your boots into the nylon stirrups.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

-delete-
Old 11-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

You only need to remember three words, "black rubber bungee", but I'll elaborate any way.

Summit stirrups, $20, / Black rubber bungee, 5 for $3.

Summit stirrups, order and wait, / Black rubber bungee, get at any local Walmart any time any where.

Summit stirrups, good while climbing tree, / Black rubber bungee, good while climbing tree, good for keeping stand quiet during transport good for holding stuff you are taking with you good for attaching stand to ATV.

Summit stirrups = good / cheap black rubber bungee = better.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:05 AM

I added the speed stirrups to my viper stand this year and they worked well so far. It was a lot easier climbing then bending over and hooking the straps. I am not throwing away my straps though and am leaving them on the stand. I wonder how well the plastic will hold up to the freezing cold temps, and the twisting pressures they seem to take when climbing. I hate to be part way down from a high position and have one of the stirrups break.
Old 12-09-2004, 08:06 PM

I prefer the security of the old timey straps since I sometimes have to get a little rough with it on some tree barks. Its impossible for me to squat down while bundled up because of the bar, but I love the bar for security so I made me a helper out of 5/8" wood roundstock 18" long with a heavy duty cup hook screwed into one end. I keep it strapped to the stand with a small thin bungee. It works great to reach down and lift the straps so I can slide my feet in and also pull the stretch cords up behind my boots. Cost: 2 bucks.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/FEATURES.html
scroll down to the bottom of the page for my review of them.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:18 PM

i love mine. the only thing that i don't like is that the cord will not slide up very easy.