Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Question

Old 11-22-2004, 03:38 PM

Default Question

this is my first bow i am buying is this a good kit?
http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...results1.jhtml
Old 11-22-2004, 06:10 PM

Default RE: Question

Its alittle slow. If you can put a little more money look at the new parkers at www.parkerbows.com or go to www.huntersfriend.com .. They both have nice setups. hunters friend has cheap packages where you will get hard case, 6 goldtip arrows, good rest, 3 broadheads and not cheap ones, release, field points, stabilizer and a good sight. They also paper tune have the bow shoot two inch groups at 25yards and give you a speed of your setup bow.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:32 PM

thanks man
Old 11-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are in the market for a 1st bow then I would not look in any catalog. Most likely you don't have the slightest clue as to how a bow should fit you (drawlength), what weight to buy or anything else. You should be going to a local "PRO" shop to get all this straightened out.

Yeh you're gonna pay more money, but you'll have someone (hopefully) that knows what he's doing. And you'll have a place to get service when needed.

Drawlength is an important issue. Do you know what drawlength you "should" be shooting? Probably not. You and about 80% of the people shooting a bow. Most people shoot about 2" too long. They won't admit it because it's always the saying "I've been shooting this way for years". Remember this, if nothing else. If the drawlength for you is not right, then nothing else at all about the bow matters.