Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cat Quivers

Old 04-23-2002, 05:45 PM

Default Cat Quivers

Has any one used the Cat quiver, the type that sits on your back and your able to put your arrows fletch up with the points faceing down. Thay come with difftent type pack systems and look fairly practical. Bucky
Old 04-24-2002, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cat Quivers

I used them several years in CO elk hunting. I like them. They are the most practical way of carring arrows for sure. I had a catquiver II, and I could carrying my skinning knifes, water, lunch, snacks, light, camera - everything I needed for a day hunt. Mine was a little squeaky and never could get the squeak out, but I killed 4 bulls while using it so I guess it wasn't too bad

I bet the new ones are better, and next year on my elk hunt I'll probably have a III or IV

I give them a 9 rating out of 10, a 10 if the packs don't sqeak anymore.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:34 PM

Thanks stealthycat
For the input,but looking into it further I decided to stay with the on the bow type. Good to here your getting your fill of Elk, one day I may get as lucky. Bucky
Old 05-09-2002, 06:56 AM

I just purchased the Cat VI with the detachable Mini Quiver.
I am having Jerry add a second sholder strap so I can wear the mini like a backpack in the middle of my back while I am in Africa.
Last year the bow quiver caused a spook on a Wildebeast stalk when I brushed against a "twig" growing out of the ground at about 1 1/2 ft.
(note: the underbrush is completely different than anywhere in the states that I have found. The trees/bushes are browsed to about 4 1/2 - 5 feet off the ground and the gound brush is browsed/grazed to about 1 1/2 ft off the ground, so stalking gets very interesting)
That said I am planning on using the Cat on my back for all stalks. It will also allow me to crawl on my hands and knees and be out of the way.

Hope this helps.
Greg