Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PENTAX DCF HR II BINOCULARS

Old 09-20-2004, 10:53 AM

Default PENTAX DCF HR II BINOCULARS

**** SEE REVIEW IN POST BELOW*****

After much consideration, I finally broke down and ordered some new binoculars to replace my old ones......

I should be getting my Pentax DCF HR II Binoculars today- the 10X42's. I decided on them after reading a review, and some posts on them.

My decision was based on the review - the lifetime warranty - and they are waterproof to 1 meter..... For 299.00 - thats a strong case for a binocular. I have heard they are sharp, with a bright crisp image... I will post my thoughs later this week...

Stay tuned....
Old 09-21-2004, 05:55 PM

Default RE: PENTAX DCF HR II BINOCULARS

Well I recieved the binoculars....

I opened the box to find a very nice set of binocs. The rubber coating is nice and bears the PENTAX logo... the rubber is a matte non gloss finish - very nice and does not slip in your hand. The binox feel good in your hand and adjusting the distance between your eyes was firm and easy to do... another plus...

Each eyepiece has a ring that extends to help keep your eyes shaded and also at the proper distance for viewing. Adjustment is easy and was just right for me - I really like this feature. I looked at binox without this feature and cannot imagine not having it now..... a big plus....

Viewing was fantastic. I sat in my back yard and looked into, through and top to bottom of brush and trees in the woods behind me. I looked at distant trees, birds, houses. I glassed in bright daylight and again at 8:40 PM, right before dark... all great.

I have to say I am very impressed with these binoculars....

On top of this they have a lifetime warranty, are waterproof to 1 meter submersion, fog proof, frost proof..... This is very good for the deer hunter.

All in all for the money I highly suggest looking at these. For quality, and warranty I cant see who has them beat.....
Old 10-04-2004, 01:02 PM

I just bought a pair of the 8x42's. They are a great value. Good clear optics, wterproof, fogproof, phase coated prism, fully multicoated lenses. I tried these out side by side with the Nikon Monarch ATB's and the Bushnell Legends and the Pentax were the brightest and clearest of the three.

I got mine over the internet at 17thStreetPhoto.com for $217 including shipping and after the $30 mail-in-rebate Pentax is offering on these I've got a great set of glass for only $187!

Did I mention I ordered them on wednesday and received them in time to use them on opening day friday?[8D]
Old 10-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went with the Bushnel Legend 8X32 model!! After comparing those to several other brands while in Gander Mountain last Fall, even the Zeiss & Swarvorski's, I chose those, The optics were great and I couldn't tell any difference between those and the higher end models!! Binocular choice is a personal choice, it's in the eye of the beholder!!