Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Morrells Yellow Jacket Broadhead Target

Old 09-08-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Morrells Yellow Jacket Broadhead Target

I have recently gotten one of these targets from an uncle of mine and used it for the first time the other day. I have found that the target works well as far as recieving the broadheads and removing them. But my question/concern is that 3 out of every 4 broadheads did not open in the target ( mech. broadheads). Is this common for these targets? If anyone has one of these or knows the answer please let me know. Just want to make sure that the broadheads are functioning properly before I head out there.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:07 PM

Default RE: Morrells Yellow Jacket Broadhead Target

My first question is what mechanical broadhead are you using? The second one is how do you know they didn't open? I ask because when I used Spitfires and pulled them out, sometimes they would close back up on me. The only way I knew that they opened was because some of the foam would get under the blades. Check the blades and the channel they fit into for foam to make sure that they are opening on contact. This applies to any mechanical broadhead but the ones that use rubber o-rings are easier to verify that they opened. Usually the o-ring gets pushed back onto the arrow shaft.

Steve
Old 09-14-2004, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm happy with my yellow jacket BH target also.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:41 AM

from what I can tell (got it this past weekend) it is far better than the block and cube and black holes. I shot about 20 times with broadheads, and nothing pulled out except for the arrows. Very nice setup. So far its staying together, knock on wood. Hard to pull field points out however, and I will not use the target for that any more.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the input guys. Good luck this season and hit em hard.