Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Martin Bow

Old 08-28-2004, 09:48 PM

Default Martin Bow

I took my dad to the pro shop today. I ended up buying him a Martin Jaguar Magnum. Put a Martin quiver on it, NAP rest, peep, nap 7" shockblocker Stab., and sling. That is a really nice bow. Very smooth and forgiving. It was set up for his draw weight and length. Even being two inches short for me, i shot a 2" group at 20 yards with it. First time shooting it. It is a very nice bow, and a great buy. Highly recommended.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Martin Bow

I like Martin bows. I just bought Martin Razor and its a smooth quiet forgiving bow at a mid range price.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:21 PM

I have been using a Martin Panther Magnum for a few years now. I love it. Much better suited to me than my PSE was, even though it was new at the time. 67#s, 29"draw, GT 7595's and Spitfire mechanicals (although I am seriously looking at the new Montec G5's).
Old 08-29-2004, 12:40 AM

I have owned and used several brands of compounds. However, for the past several years I own and use 3 Martin's. All three have been so reliable and trouble free, and so nice to shoot, they almost have a personality.

In fact, as corny as it sounds, now that I have retired my compounds and went back to recurves, I feel as though I have turned my back on some loyal buddies that will now lay silent in their cases and collect dust.

I cannot attest to Martin's warranty service or any other repair service. In the 14 years I have used Martin bows, I never had a need for their repair or replacement service. The "Tech" service for answering questions unrelated to malfunctions was superb.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:45 PM

I have recently acquired the same bow as your father with a slightly different setup. I have found the bow, as well, to be very smooth and forgiving. For the money it is a great buy. This makes the fifth different brand of bow which I have used and I would put it at the top as far as shootablity and the best bow for the price.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been really happy with my martin altitude, it is very accurate for how short it is.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

I miss my Martin Firecat, i did stop by a pro shop and check out a Martin Cougar III SE and a SlayR SE, the were very nice comfortable bows. I will definetly keep them in mind when i go bow shopping though i am leaning toward a Mathews.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Martin Cougar II 3 weeks before my daughter was born and hunted with it every year up until last year. She's 24 years old now. I've lost count of the deer that I've taken with it and it served me very well. The only reason I retired it was because a friend gave me a new Browning to shoot. If I buy another bow it will be a Martin.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:48 PM

I love my Martin Phantom ...Straight limb ....Nitrous cams ...I use a real-deal spot-hogg sight , golden key arrow rest and use Carbon express cx hunter 200's with cut-on-contact viper venom broadheads(27.5 in. draw and pulling 58 lbs.)......It has a nice solid wall and shoots smooth as silk.....
Old 09-30-2004, 02:19 PM

I purchased the exact bow last year and it was the 1st that I have owned. (I have been hunting for almost 12 years, but new to bowhing) My buddies thought that I was crazy to buy such a short bow, and it has done nothing but make me look good. It is my Martin Jaguar Magnum that is accurate, not me. --it is also very quiet, and smooth. Strongly recommended.