Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Grim Reaper broadheads

Old 08-28-2004, 12:31 PM

Default Grim Reaper broadheads

I was just wondering if anyone has used Grim Reaper on deer before, i am for sure going to use them this year, but i was juut wondering if anyone had used them in the past, and what kind of hole they made, what kind of penitration they got, did they open that kind of stuff. i am shhoting a Hoyt Xtec at 66# if that makes any difference. thanks for the help

-Hoyt
Old 08-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Grim Reaper broadheads

I'm giving them a whirl this year. My bowshop swears by them!

Jay
Old 08-29-2004, 01:32 AM
Typical Buck

Thay are a good broadhead, but there are better out there, there are cut on contact that fly just as good, try magnus stingers, or steelforce.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Lou-Lou,

If they are a good broadhead and other fly just as well....what makes the stingers or steelforce better? Just curious if you can get a little more in depth with what you mean!
Old 08-29-2004, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm assuming its the fact that the steelforce or stingers arent mechanicals.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:00 AM
Typical Buck

What i mean is that why would you take the chance of having the blades not open correctly when you can get a fixed blade to fly the same and have no worries. Those names are only some of the many good broadhead that fly well. I'm not saying that they cannot kill game, but for me I would eliminate all possiable or potential problems, good luck in whatever you decide
Old 08-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

lou-lou,

Have you ever shot the Grim Reapors before? I hunted with them last year and this is by far the best broadhead that I have ever used. Took several whitetails last season with them. I used Muzzy 3 blades for the past 10 years before that and they were , and still are a very good broadhead, they didn't open a wound channel like the grim reapors did. By the way, what broadhead is better? The Grim Reapors are one of the most expensive and hottest selling broadheads at my pro shop, so if something will finish off a deer faster and lots cheaper, I'm all ears.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

I have to agree with you on thw wound channel. no fixed blade with make a hole like a mech. Grim reapers are hot around me too, Any broadhead willkill a deer if put in the right spot, but it's when you make a questionble shot is where mech. sometimes don't do the trick, Lost a few deer with mech. Blades were to big and caught a rib and stopped. For mech. if I were to shoot them again I would shoot Vortec mini mag 3 blades, awesome penetration with a big cutting diameter.