Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Scent control clothes?

Old 08-28-2004, 02:51 AM

Default RE: Scent control clothes?

scent blocker works awesome for me i have been directly down wind from several deer and not got winded to me it was worth every penny i spent.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:58 PM

I use scent lok mostly but I have scent blocker pants. I have the Scent lok MT050 and I love it.. I also have the savana scent lok. BUT... I feel without the hood AND gloves then you might as well just play the wind. I have a scent blocker hood that is great. I wouldnt hunt without it. Most winds you can forget once you are set up and stop moving. MUST have the hood and gloves... your hands and breath are the worst!!! I dont wash mine anymore than I have to but the newer stuff can handle it better than the original. I have the scent lok Wolverine boots also and they are great
Old 08-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

im new to this board. but i have for years just washed all my hunting clothes in arm-n-hammer baking soda. throw 1/2 a box in the wash and the other 1/2 in the rinse cycle. and its cheap 50cent a box and i wash with ivory soap no perfume smell to it. all i know is it works for me. give it a try cant beat the price.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:43 AM

Viper

I have used the Scent Lok climaflex liners for two years and I must say they work wonders. I also use a Scent Blocker head cover and gloves (the headcover fits me better than the Scent Lok version) and of course rubber boots. I wash all my outer cloths with baking soda and keep them clean and scent free in a plastic tote. I also keep my body clean, bathing with unscented shampoo and Ivory soap every day.

I have a 3/4 mile walk to my stand and must cross a large swampy area of chest high marsh grass to access my stand and deer runs are the only trails to walk on. I tend to work up a sweat now matter how slowly I walk and in the past without the Scent Lok I have had deer scent me on the grass regularly..... in the past two years I have not had a single deer smell my trail (that I know of) or snort me downwind. I have had several whitetails walk in on the same trail as me and not one had a clue. I seen three different black bears last year (2 came in down wind) and had a pack of coyotes come in down wind and they didn't seem to pick me up(missed the shot) and if you can fool a coyotes nose a whitetail should be a piece of cake.

The downside is the cost..... I paid $150 for the liners, headgear and gloves. They are also pretty warm....you can really overheat in the early season.

Good luck