Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Speed or silence...your opinion

Old 08-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Speed or silence...your opinion

I have a question for you guys. I have two bows, a Mathews Q2 and a Bowtech BlackKnight 2003 model. Both excellent bows. The Mathews is by far the quietest of the two and almost as accurate, which means I shoot a 4 inch group at 40 yards. Now, the BK2 is fast and deadly accurate, I can get a 4 inch group at 60 yards and a 2 inch group at 40 yards.

Since I never really take a shot over 40 while hunting, would you take the stealth of the Q2 and reduce string jump and deer movement at the time of impact or know that you'll get maximum penetration and devastating pass throughs with the BK2??

Also, 20 or 25 yards, no difference, the bows are both tuned well and shoot very tight groups at those distances. I knew I shouldn't have bought such a great backup bow. Anyhow, which would you prefer? I've killed deer with both. Thanks.

Kelly
Old 08-07-2004, 07:29 PM

Default RE: Speed or silence...your opinion

Most of the deer Ive shot are inside 20 yards and since neither of your bows shoot supersonic I would use the quiet one.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

I'd go with the quiet one!

J
Old 08-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Typical Buck

My '03 Patriot dually is very quiet... I have limbsavers, cat whiskers, and a GKF tranquilizer on there...

I'm actually quite suprised how quiet it actually is... I do know that Mathews can be very quiet also though.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:04 PM
PLB

Your fastest bow is still not faster than the speed of sound. I would go with the silent bow. But, the accuracy of the faster bow (unusall because fast bows are not very forgiving as a general rule) is appealing.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the quiet bow. arrows from both bows can give you a pass through.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Silence is golden .
Old 08-10-2004, 09:51 AM

I have made the switch myself...............QUIETER !!!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bah!, You can add stuff to the BK and make it quieter and still be faster than the Q2. Sounds like your just as accurate with one as the other so if I were you I'd have my cake and eat it too.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Or you could add a bunch of arrow weight to quiet it down , smooth it out, and bring it in line with the speed of the Q2........then you have a bow that you are more accurate and could shoot through a tank with.

The beauty of a powerful bow like the BK is that you don't have to shoot that same arrow at a faster speed.......you can shoot a HEAVIER arrow at the same speed.

My 2001 Pro38 Dual Cam would shoot a 350gr arrow at 336fps.......even more impressive was my 475gr hunting arrow going 290fps. Wicked.[:-]

Load er' up and enjoy the blood trails.

Quick Reply: Speed or silence...your opinion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.