Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Turbo Nock

Old 08-04-2004, 09:00 AM

Default Turbo Nock

I was flipping through an archery catalog, and saw a product called turbo nock. See picture below. They claim a conventional arrow takes up to 20 feet to make one full revolution. The turbo nock makes two full revolutions in the first five feet. At 200 fps the turbo nock spins 4800 rpm. It says this high rate of spin enables it to group better and have a flatter trajectory. And it will drift less in cross winds. Has anyone used these? Do they work, or are they a gimmick?

Old 08-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Turbo Nock

it makes sence to me but sometimes statistics dont work out in the real world. my brother got some at one of the shows this year and i think he will be using them soon so i will let others know how they fair. the feeling i got was some loved them and others hated them but its hard to change the old ways of thinking. most archery hunters i know dont fletch there own arrows and repairing the occasional loose vane is a chore. i have a jig but hate fletching my own. if they work out for my brother it would interset me . raw shafts are cheaper so it would offset the cost of the turbo nock.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used them --------- for about a week, then took them off. They were noisy, and weighed the back end of my arrow down way too much. I also, could not get fixed bladed broadheads to shoot to my expectations.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:08 AM

I have started shooting them and love them. The hardest part is believing that such a small device will work. I shoot the Dead X. If you shoot mechanicalsI think you could use the Dead X also. For fixed, use the Hunter. The Dead X is smaller and to me is quieter. My arrows seem to be faster also. I love them and do not intend to go back to conventional vanes.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i talked to a guy today and he tried them and said they work but make a smacking sound when going through a whisker biscuit. he even made the hole bigger in his whisker biscuit and it still made a bad whack of a sound. im gonna have to see for myself. i do remember reading something about them using a new type plastic this year. maybe thats the reason why?
Old 08-05-2004, 10:25 PM

I haven't tried the turbo nock, but have tried a similar product and have liked them. You may want to check out www.starrflight.com. They have a product called a FOB that stabilizes an arrow very quickly. Just make sure you have a fall away rest!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:59 PM

I shoot the wisker biscuit, so i will not waste my money on these. Seems like a good idean though.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-10-2004, 06:55 AM

Scoff if you want. They work

Old 08-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

trushot, just wondering if you are shooting field tips? And at what range?

Quick Reply: Turbo Nock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.