Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Turbo Nock

Old 08-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Turbo Nock

Nick.

Welcome to the forum it is great to have you here
Old 08-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nick, good post, informative. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:48 AM

Nick- If i wanted to try these out, what arrow rest would you recommend? What would give me the best results?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey snook, welcome and congrats on your invention!
Old 08-11-2004, 01:13 PM

Thanks Bob...they're not going to end feathers or vanes but they are a valid alternative and do have their place. Pros and cons like anything else out there..I just happen to think they have more Pros so it's worth it to me to work out the cons.

Longrifle...Whisker Bisquits work very well or any drop that gives you plenty of clearance. I suggest Trophy Taker, GKF TKO or a Drop Zone. I've used all with the Turbos with sucess.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nick, these are a few of the things that I have a problem with:

FOC is an issue for conventional fletched arrows because they are not spinning when they leave the bow and in that first few feet of flight any unbalance because of weight or flex due to weak spine is magnified down range and results in loss of accuracy. The TURBO which spins instantly 10 times faster than any other arrow does 20yds down range, basically eliminates spine and FOC.
They effectively increase the spine of a shaft because of the instant high rotation, and virtually eliminate any FOC issues.
Are these theories, or is this something that has actually been tested.

Our first problem was that the original nocks were made from polycarbonate , which was strong, but had a tendancy to break vanes on impact. We solved that problem this past spring when we retooled our molds to accept a new glass filled nylon
So, if I bought the turbos from you in sprong 2003, they were the old style. Correct? Any weight differences?

Another thing that I had a problem with on one of my bow was clearance. I e-mailed you on the subject when it happened, and I believe that you told me that I was the first person to mention that problem. I don't want to put words in your mouth because it was a while ago, but it went something like that. I bleieve that I have read from others on the board that they also had problems. Have you ever considered setting them up differently to avoid the problem, maybe having them come off the bow on an X?
Old 08-12-2004, 02:54 PM

Hey Bob...If I may.

The ones we both got last year are definitley different. The new ones are MUCh more durable and don't break nearly as easily. That was one of the biggest downfalls IMO of the early ones. Everyone would kinda chuckle when they saw them...so I'd start smacking them them together to shut them up and I'd break 1/2 doz a week without trying.The new ones have been impregnated with a nylon polymer and WILL still break but they take MUCH more abuse than last years.

The "X" is a good idea though IMO. Cool thing is...if you have issues you can go straight to the man that makes them and he'll try to accomodate.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool thing is...if you have issues you can go straight to the man that makes them and he'll try to accomodate.
As I mentioned, I did try that.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:46 PM

Hi guys, I have started shooting the Turbo Nocks also. I had an issue with the Hunter nocks making a slaping sound with my whisker bisquit. I now use the Dead-X turbo nocks and they shoot great. I think I could have gotten the Hunters to work if I had done more tuning on my bow, but the others shot so well I quit trying. The main comments I have gotten are that "those things are too little to work". However, after I shoot and then have them stand behind me they can see that the arrows are actually spinning very fast. I will never go back to fletchings again.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:27 PM

I bought some at the new jersey show and did not like them at all.
when I went to the harrisburg show the guy at t he booth told me I had the wrong ones because I shoot acc's so me always wanting to improve my scores I bought the right ones SURPRISE the shot worse. So I'll just stick with good old AAE vanes the never let me down.

Quick Reply: Turbo Nock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.