Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tough decision

Old 07-27-2004, 04:37 PM
bigcountry

Default Tough decision

I traded a 870 for a slightly used PSE Carrera. But I really wanted a shorter bow, like 33". I all the time get deals, but not exactly what I want.

I am worried that this 6" brace height might not be very forgiving compared to a bow like a fireflight with 8" but really short.

I have a PSE Mohave now that is very forgiving. But long at 42". But shoots well.

Would you sell the Carrera and get a fireflight, or give the Carrera a try?

Old 07-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tough decision

I'd give it a shot. BUT man, with such a short AtoA and a very "tight" brace it's certainly NOT going to be anywhere near forgiving. She is gonna be a "bit" touchy". ONe of the most important aspects of shooting is having confidence in your rig. If you have any bad feelings about it, get rid of it. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 08-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

practice your form, you will need it with the short brace height
Old 08-02-2004, 02:58 PM

To be completely honest if you've got the extra cash do what your gut is telling you. It sounds to me like you're already second guessing the carrera. It's a nice bow but dosen't sound like what you wanted. If I've learned 1 lesson when it comes to my bow, Buy it right the first time! If not you'll end up replaceing it very soon. I wish I could return all the stuff I bought that wasn't exactly what I was looking for.