Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Stealth Cam Digital DIGRC-XTR 3.0 MB

Old 07-27-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Stealth Cam Digital DIGRC-XTR 3.0 MB

Hogwild2
Fawn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hogwild2
Fawn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know of any recent news on how this Cam is doing?

7/27/2004 10:19:27 AM ID: 701240
Old 07-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stealth Cam Digital DIGRC-XTR 3.0 MB

IT SUCKS!!! This Cam is a total flop. I expect waaaaay more for the $$$. This is not just my opinion but also the opinion of a handful of other folks that I know that were also dumb enough to buy one. The sensor is way to slow and you'll end up with mostly blank pics and/or pics of deer rumps!!! It also totally EATS batteries. It will devour the 6AA's in only 4 to 6 days!!! [&:] After a couple weeks of TRYING to give this Cam a chance, the ONLY thing I was happy about was the fact that I bought it from Cabela's so that I could return it!!! I'm exchanging it for the Nontypical Cuddeback. I hope this Cam is alot better. A BIG thumbs down for the new 3 MG Stealth from me!!! [&:]

Old 08-19-2004, 04:54 PM

ok what about the Stealth Cam MC2-G 35 mm ?? good or not ?
Old 08-20-2004, 09:21 AM

The sensor is way to slow and you'll end up with mostly blank pics and/or pics of deer rumps!!!
I disagree with this statement. Generally if the sensor is too slow it is due to user error. The sensor detection field is pie shaped and if the cam is too close to the deer the area that the sensor is detecting is smaller. You should have the cam set up at least 15 to 20 feet from where you expect the deer to be for optimum proformance.

If you're thinking of buying a digital stealth cam I'd recommend the 1.3mp over the 3.0. The 3.0 is a battery hog compared to the 1.3. I get almost 3 weeks out of a set of 6 rayovac AA batteries in the 1.3mp stealth cam.

ok what about the Stealth Cam MC2-G 35 mm ?? good or not ?
For the money they are nearly impossible to beat. Not a lot of bells and whistles but very functional.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:01 PM

I was told by a Stealth tech that the sensor problem is due to the battery problem. When your batteries get weak, it takes the camera that much longer to respond. I sent mine back directly to Stealth and they are sending me a brand new unit. Hope to get it soon, and try again. If it still doesn't work properly, I'll send it back and get a cuddlebuck. I'll let y'all know.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:39 PM

I have this same camera and I am getting about a week out of a set of batteries, lithiums last me twice as long. As a whole I am dissapointed with this camera and am thinking about returning it. Has anyone had any trouble returning it? I have also had trouble with it not turning on. The worst is that I had it out for 7 days and had 41 pics.... most were just empty... or the back end of a deer leaving the frame. The pics I do get are great. The 1.3 prints a grainy picture and the 3.0 prints a clear picture....I have a Deercam 35mm that has been great and am thinking about switching to thier digital... anyone have any info on it?