Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Shakey Hunter setup

Old 07-27-2004, 08:18 AM

Default Shakey Hunter setup

I just bought a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter to install on my Parker EZ-Draw. This is an extremely quiet bow and it seems that the drop away rest is making more noise than the bow. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on setting it up to help eliminate some of this noise. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:40 PM

Default RE: Shakey Hunter setup

I trimmed a mini limb saver and glued it at the edge on my bows shelf. I also covered the prongs with felt. Now, when the arm of the arrow rest falls, it lands almost silently on the limb saver.

Let me explain what trimming I did. A mini limb saver looks like a small mushroom. I cut the base or stump off, then I cut the round top in half. I glued it so that the flat edge sits facing the shooter at the edge of the bow shelf. The two prongs of the shakey should come to rest on the two corners of the semi-circle.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:25 PM

I had some problems w/ my Shakey Hunter set-up as well. I ended up mounting it just high enough so the launcher arm doesn't hit the shelf when it drops. Also, felt on the shelf and covering the launcher arm helps as well. I just ordered a couple "leather thongs" (I'm not making this name up, I'm not that clever) for it and will do a review when I get them installed and shoot a few dozen arrows thru it. Cabelas sells them (but doesn't call 'em "thongs") as does "Wild Outdoors" website (Jay Greggory).

Yes, my rest will be wearing a leather thong. Insert various jokes here....
Old 07-29-2004, 02:03 PM

I also used a limbsaver but I used the new Limbsaver made for the front of the grip. I cut it in half and placed it on the bow shelf. It works alot better then felt.