Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

cam and a half

Old 07-22-2004, 09:26 PM

Default cam and a half

I have been away from bow hunting a while, what is the new cam and a half tech? I am looking at possible a new bow for hunting whitetail in wisconsin farmland and maybe some target shooting. any suggestions, 1 1/2 cam or single cam?
Old 07-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Spike

Default RE: cam and a half

I currently shoot the Hoyt Cybertec with cam.5 and love it. This is one smooth shooting bow. There is absolutely very little valley on the draw and you don't feel the rollover that you do on 1 cam bows. I have also owned several 1 cam bows and can tell you that I personally like the cam.5 alot better.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cam 1/2 is a Hoyt cam system. Its not new by any means, but Hoyt were the ones who put it in the limelight.

Charectoristics are smooth drawing, low recoil and easy maintenence. Its appearence is very much like a dual cam but the difference is the fact that the Cam 1/2 slaves the two wheels together eliminating them from coming out of time with each other for the most part. This does not mean you won't have to keep them in tune. Timing them is much like timing a single cam bow. They use performance marks on each cam to keep them in check. Typically timing one mark on one cam, brings the other one with it.

I shoot an 04 Xtec with Cam 1/2 and love it. Very smooth drawing and a decent valley. The only real guff I have is the wall you get at full draw. Its a little spongy compared to a lot of singles out there.

I highly recommend this cam deal.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzyman88 stated it pretty good. I too have the xTec and love the smoothness. Where in WI do you hunt? I currenty hunt in Richland County. I have also huntied in Iowa and Sauk.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:06 PM

I shoot a Relfex Excursion, I love the cam and 1/2.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:58 PM

JUNK
Old 08-05-2004, 08:32 PM
PLB

That was some outstanding input from bowhunterlimerick (can you hear my sarcasim). Please elaborate.

Danbell,
I suggest you go shoot one and decide for yourself. That is what I did, after shooting severall other brands, non of which were junk as was so well put by num nuts above.

I for one, love the Xtec with the cam.5 and I highly recommend it. But before buying any bow, I recommend shooting as many bows as you can and then buy the one that fits you best, no matter what name is printed on the limbs.

PS - limerick, you are entitled to your opinions as is everyone, but at least give the guy a reasonable explanation to your misguided opinion.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

PS - limerick, you are entitled to your opinions as is everyone, but at least give the guy a reasonable explanation to your misguided opinion.
LOL

I have to agree, with the others. I love the smooth draw and how easy they are to tune. Also adjusting draw length is very simple.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

I had a hoyt ultra tec single cam and loved it.Shot the Mathews outback and the hoyt Viper Tec the other day. Both were great bows but the Viper Tec won out. After a couple hundred arrows I can't believe how much better I like the Cam1/2 over my ultra tec.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the Hoyt XTEC and love it,fast and smooth.

Quick Reply: cam and a half

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.