Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Questions on Fletching Arrows

Old 07-19-2004, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Questions on Fletching Arrows

Well, I finally want to dive into something new. I see all these cool looking vanes on arrows, and now I want to start personalizing my arrows.

How hard is it to do it? What is a good jig to get. I'm know I want to go with helical fletchings....how do you decide if it's right or left helical, and how much of helical (how much of a "twist") I'm also thinking about switching to feathers. Heard good things. Anyway, just want to hear all the stuff I should be aware of! Thanks in advance.

J
justhrowit
Old 07-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Questions on Fletching Arrows

I just got into this myself. I was thinking it would be difficult and guess what? It's not. I got the Bitzenburger from Cabelas. It is just great. I have been using goat tough glue on both axis and gold tip arrows. Seems to hold up good. It is fun. There are others here that can be of much more help to you. They helped me out a great deal. Good luck with it.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Questions on Fletching Arrows

Can't go wrong with the Bitz jig. Right or Left helical doesn't really matter with todays bows. The only time it really matters is if you are shooting off your nuckles, which I don't think you are. I use a left myself. As far as how much helical, well your arrow rest will dictate that. Especially if you use a shoot threw type. If you shoot fixed broadheads, then use as much as you can. It will stabilize the arrow better for you.