Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bohning Blazer vanes

Old 06-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Spike

Default Bohning Blazer vanes

I currently am trying the NAP Quik Spin vanes and they seem to be okay. No trajectory changes (even though they are heavier), but you loose a few FPS. The guy at the Pro Shop told be about the Blazer vanes by Bohning and kept raving about how good they are. Does anyone have any experience in shooting these vanes?
Old 06-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bohning Blazer vanes

Not personally though several of the customers down at the shop are shooting them. Mixed reviews mostly. Some guys are extolling their virtues while others are complaining of accuracy issues.

My educated "guess" is that they are no better and no worse than typical vanes. Maybe I will invest in some before the summer is over...just to try out.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:28 PM

I am currently using the Blazer Vanes and they seem to fly good to me. They fly the same if not better than my 4” Duravanes. I haven’t been able to put them to the test with broadheads but will be doing that soon.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:50 AM

I'm also using the Blazer vanes,i have'nt tried them with broadheads yet,but so far with field tips there doing a good job.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tested the Blazers on ACC's with about a 3 degree offset. Found out they shot excellent with small broadheads, like under 100 gns, but the big fixed blade heads were simply too much for them to control. For someone shooting carbon arrows w/ 75 gn Muzzys, T'heads or similar, or mechanicals, I think they'd do well.

As with all things archery, you might get different results than I did. Only way to really find out if they'll work for you is try 'em. Now is the time to do it, instead of waiting till the week before opening day.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:43 PM

i just got some of the blazer vanes and i am really impressed, they just dont look right for a hunting setup but they do really good for both field points and broad heads. im using 100g wasp hammer sst's and they hit right with my field points.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:42 AM

PABowhuntr , If you PM your address I'll mail you a pack of 3 so you can test one arrow if you want !! I'm not going to use them !