Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

turbo nock hunter

Old 06-03-2004, 06:08 PM

Default turbo nock hunter

anybody see or use these new little gadgets?
they are in the cabelas archery catalog and on their web site.
i am having big problems with my wisker biscuit tearing off my vanes, even after break-in period and trimming away some bristles. these new nocks have my curiousity...........
Old 06-03-2004, 07:35 PM

Default RE: turbo nock hunter

not sure if it will help you or not, but i've been told that going to feather fletching insted of plastic fletching helps. the feathers lay down when passing through the bisket where the plastic veins fold to pass. the feather veins show far less wear & seem to last longer.
hope this help, you many want to verify these statements though. i'm not an expert.

later
Old 06-04-2004, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the boards blacklabel,
Turbo nocks are recommended for use with a WB and/or a dropaway or fall away rest.
To learn more about the product go here
Old 06-05-2004, 04:13 PM

They also have the new ones that are a lot more flexible than the original. I toyed with the originals (liek they have at Cabela's now) whe they first came out the foung them to fly extremely well after setting the nock just a bit higher than normal. My only problem was that I'd break them really quickly if I shot groups even at 40! Kind of a good thing but I went through a ton and waited till the new ones came out. Just placed an order for more yesterday
Old 06-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Do they really work for spinning the arrow without featers or vanes? Are they just as accurate?
Old 06-11-2004, 03:20 PM

Do they really work for spinning the arrow without featers or vanes? Are they just as accurate?
Spins the arrow much more than either feathers or vanes with the hardest hellical. Once tuned in just as accurate...maybe more so in my experience. The hard spin stabilizes the arrow much quicker than any conventional fletch. More forgiving across the board.