Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Flecthing Arrows??

Old 05-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Flecthing Arrows??

I am thinking I would like to start doing this myself. Can anyone give me a idea on what I would need to get started? What type of glue for carbon arrows? What flecthing machine is the best without spending lots of $$? I think I would probably just start with one jig instead of the multi ones. Any other tips or would be great. Thanks for your help guys.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:51 AM

Default RE: Flecthing Arrows??

I use goat glue for my fletching and it holds great. Has far has flething jigs go get a bitz. It will cost you more but they seem to work the best for me anyway. Where you from in southern WI?

Jeff
Old 05-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

bucksniper,
I live in Mcfarland but have land north of Richland Center. Not in the heart of CWD but in the reduction zone.[:@] Where are you at?

Thanks for the help with this. I assume the left, right or center jigs are just a personal preference.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:24 PM

about 20 minutes south of madison in Evansville
Old 05-11-2004, 07:13 PM

hello when i started in bow hunting my freinds told me to fletch my own and it would help me learn faster. as far as the glue i use the bohning fletching glue on my car and alum. i try goat tuff to runey almost glue my fletching jig to gether. as far as the jig. i started with the ezfletch glue all three at once. then i bought a grayling love this i can put straigh or alittle spen on then. the bysin buger dont know how to spell it right is the next one i will buy. the grayling is plastic and glass. the bys is metal. i would say go with the bys but if the money thing comes into play go with the grayling. good luck
Old 05-12-2004, 07:58 PM

LET ME GIVE YOU A MONEY SAVING TIP. AS FAR AS THE GOAT TUFF GLUE, LOOK ON THE PACKAGE IT SAYS IT IS A CYANOACRYATE GLUE. IN LAYMANS IT'S SUPER GLUE. THE GOAT TUFF IS 10 BUCKS FOR A LITTLE TUBE, GO BUY THE SUPER GLUE GEL IT'S WAY CHEAPER AND IT WORKS JUST THE SAME AND IT IS CYANOACRYATE BASED. TRY IT YOU'LL BE PLEASED.

AS FAR AS A FLETCHING JIG I USE A ARIZONA EZ FLETCH WORKS GREAT I DON'T HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS.