Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

camo opinions

Old 04-04-2004, 11:58 AM

Default camo opinions

I'm in the market for some new camo for the fall. I'd like to get some feedback from you guys before I make my decision. Waterproof, scentproof, quietness, too bulky, hoods, cuffs, pockets - let me know about stuff like this. Tell me what you know from experience.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: camo opinions

First off, remember that deer don't see colors real well. Mostly shades of black, white, and grays. I've encluded the link to Predator Camo. Once upon a time there were some pictures someone posted comparing the differant kinds of camo in black and white but I couldn't find it by searching. Good luck.

http://www.predatorcamo.com/index.html

Found this site. Take a look at it also.

http://www.whitetail.com/camo1.html
Old 04-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

keep in mind if your gonna use your camo for hunting turkey and bear they can see color. deer can see some shades of yellow and blue. i wouldnt wear anything with white in the pattern its not worth it unless im hunting in snow conditions and i stay in the stand all day. personally i would stick to the lighter earth tones and 3-d leafy if possible. you could even try wearing a slightly different camo pattern shirt from the pants to really mix things up.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:09 PM

i always try to stay away from anyting bulky it interfers with my shooting and the string can make an awfull loud snap when it hits your jacket sleeve. as for como color it all depends on where your hunting. the new micro fiber from realtree is quite durable and waterproof. in maine When the morning are near zero you need to where alot but again dont go bulky wear layers thatway you can shed throughout the day.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:30 PM

I wear a MOBU leafy suit with scent lock. I can't say the scent lock is very effective, but I know that it can't hurt! The 3D aspect of the leaves really break up your outline.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:37 PM

I don't believe in this scent block crap. Thats right crap, in my opinion. People who wear this stuff should still play the wind. They all ways say, "But I'm scent free" BS after one year the effect is minimal, you don't have a scent free breather to mask your breath. Was watching a hunting show a guy is in a scent proof T-shirt saying that it is why he is able to get so close to the game. What about your arms, hands, legs(shorts to). Come on people that is not the reason you are close to game. I don't go into the woods after taking a bath in diesel fuel, but this is too far. I don't think it works that great. Very expensive too, play the wind and be happy.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:05 PM

ewolf,
I assume you are talking to me since I am the only one who has mentioned scent lock clothing to this point. Let me make a suggestion to you: Do not use definitives when referring to people. Do you know what that is? It is using words such as always, never, etc., etc. For instance you said:

They all ways say, "But I'm scent free"
I wear scent free clothing, and have never said this. Please read my post:

I can't say the scent lock is very effective, but I know that it can't hurt!
I'll cut you some slack since you are new around here.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 04-04-2004, 06:31 PM

I have seen on othe post of ast camo... I my self is a predator fan and use t-shirts to change the seasons(I am a tight but) . just got my decpection green(sorry bad spelling). we also taken alot of b&w photos of camo...i think in a tree it really doesnot matter. But on the ground ....keep your face coverd.
thanks
Old 04-04-2004, 08:09 PM

Thanks for the replies guys but I was looking for feedback on the function of the clothing not the pattern of camo. For instance - Browning Hydrofleece 4-1 Parka(pros and cons). Not Mossy Oak or Real Tree.

Quick Reply: camo opinions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.