Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Drop away rest for outback?

Old 03-29-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Drop away rest for outback?

I fell in love with the outback bow and will be buying one soon. I was thinking of putting the new drop away quicktune rest that NAP is making. Has anyone tried them. I have never had a drop away rest before and am kind of leary. (You know old dog new tricks) Are they dependable enough for hunting?
Old 03-29-2004, 02:06 PM

Default RE: Drop away rest for outback?

I have an Outback on order myself...hopefully will be here this week. I'm going to go with the NAP 2000 RG and see how it works. I guess thats all you can do really....try and try again till you get what you want and like. Wish you test drive products for 100 shots or so. I would also like to hear feedback from others who have tried this rest.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:20 PM

I tried one for about 5 minutes on my LX last year ! It may not be all that bad to some.......but it was too noisy for me !
Old 03-29-2004, 07:41 PM

I have the TR Drop Zone on my Outback. Shoots great, no problems.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:22 AM

Thanks bigdaddybh, That was another one I was thinking about. I was worried about it dropping straight down instead of dropping away. Have you shot with that rest in cold weather. I'm from Louisiana but I am going hunting in Kansas next year and it might snow.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:55 PM

Don't be worried at all!! I've shot outside into my garage this past winter. Temps were around 0. NO PROBLEMS. This is a very easy rest to get into tune as well. You will probably find that you need to be a bit nock high. Good luck in Kansas.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:44 PM

I've used the Trap Door on a Legacy, LX and now my Outback without any problems at all. Best of all, no strings or cables attached to the bow.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:37 PM

I have the Muzzy zero effect on my Outback and it works great. I have hunted with the standard zero effect on a Parker and a Bowtech and it worked flawless. I can't think of a better rest for hunting and I have tried a lot. Don
Old 04-01-2004, 06:57 AM

I have a Zero Effect on my LX and could not be happier. Works flawless.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:15 AM

I will second the trap door. Had it on my last three bows and have had no problems.

Quick Reply: Drop away rest for outback?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.