Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

rubber boots....what's your favorite

Old 03-22-2004, 05:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: rubber boots....what's your favorite

The Lacrosse's were great for me too until this year. Now, after only two years of wear and finished basement storage, the rubber has cracked through near the toe where it flexes the most. I'm kind of dissappointed in them now.

My neighbor has a pair of Muck boots and he loves them. They're made of a different rubber compound that doesn't look like it'll break through in the same way. He's also praised how comfortable they are.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:46 PM

I've had burly 1200's for quite a few years now. Love em. And they've barely worn out.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:48 AM
etw

RUBBER Boot. I use the cheapest pair I can find at Wal-mart. Buy a second pair larger for more wool socks when it gets cooler. They give me 3 - 4 years of year round service. Less than $20 a pair
Old 03-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

I got my Rocky Buckstalkers w/ 1000 grams of Thinsulite on Ebay. Got them delivered New in Box and all tags still there for $32. Can't beat it. I like them. I've never tried the LaCrosse's yet. I've heard great things about them.

The Rocky's are great, but they do get a little bunched up at the angles. Kind of annoying on a long walk. Used them down to about 15 degrees with no cold feet at all which was nice. anything colder I break out the winter boots.

J
Old 03-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

lacross
Old 03-31-2004, 05:03 PM

rocky mountain buck stalkers for me

Old 04-01-2004, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

are the alpha burleys a pain in the a$$ to get off? i have a pair of lacrosse now that i have not used in 2 years cuz its a major pain to take off. if you hunt 3-4 days in a row, you dont want to be wasting time breaking a sweat trying to take off a boot. ive been using rocky rubbber boots now--but it will be time for a new pair soon. i usually only get 1 season out of each pair anyway.

will the muck boots tear if you go thru briars? i think that was the boot i saw at the sportsman show in pa.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Lacrosse Alpha Burly's. Great boot
Old 04-04-2004, 08:44 PM

i purchased red head bone dry last year with 1000 grams in thin....they worked very well and they were priced very well, However i did not hunt with them in temp below freezing, so not really sure how warm they would be.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:40 AM

For the last 4 or 5 years I wore Istaca scent free 200gr thinsalate, keep the feet warm all year, and in the spring nice and cool, very comfy on long walks, easy to get on and off picked em up at Dicks for 50$. my feet get cold real easy but not with those. real good boot.

Quick Reply: rubber boots....what's your favorite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.