Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Muzzy Zero Effect Pros + Cons

Old 03-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Zero Effect Pros + Cons

I had mine off and on the bow four times lst year. I like to play. Finally put it on for good and can answer your question with a question. What cons?
Old 03-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just won a bid last night for a Muzzy Zero Effect rest I am putting it on my new 2004 Patriot Dually as soon as it comes in.The posting say's that they ran only 200 arrow's threw it so hopefully I don't need to buy part's.

nubo
Old 03-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

nubo,
200 arrows? It shouldn't be a problem. I've had mine on the bow for a little over a year now and I shoot more than 200 arrows a week, on average. You ain't gonna wear it out.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:32 PM

Very good rest, you will like it. I use one on my conquest, though I may tswitch it out since it really shines when shooting broadheads, and that is my target bow.

Unless they shot an identical setup to you, you may need a new arm thingy. I don't know
about Patriots, but the standard MZE had to be cut to fit your bow.

It is easily the hardest rest to install of any I have seen, but then that isn't saying much, and once you have it installed, it is hardly necesary to tune it at all, since you just don't experience rest problems.

It's way too heavy/bulky, that's the worst part.

This forum as much as it now seems like Bowtech central used to be MZE promosion central. All the big talkers had one. What happened
Old 03-08-2004, 01:59 PM

I have been using it for the last two years and the only con I can find is the looks of the thing. As far as the weight, I just took off the over draw part. Its not really needed anyway. I just bought a new Bowtech MM and put on my old Trophy Taker SH and after shooting it that way for a couple of days I think I will be getting another MZE. The TT is very loud in my opinion. I used the MZE pretty hard and never had it fail, bend crack or anything. I even had it on and off a couple of times because I am always playing around but I always end up back to it.