Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews Outback

Old 01-29-2004, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mathews Outback

www.mathewsinc.com
Old 01-31-2004, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Trouble in paradise![:'(]
Shot an Outback today. I think its a great bow! Problem is, I've already got a Legacy and the wife would kill me if I got a new one. I found that with the Outback I shot a heavier peak weight than I could with my Legacy. Not sure I should get rid of the Legacy, you know, keep it for a back up, and maybe the boy could grow into it someday. Yeah, that's using good reasoning. But I don't think she'll buy it.

Also DaleJBrass,
Can you give me the phone number to your source in Claremore, OK? That price is about $140 cheaper than I can get around here.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks CBM!! I have been checking the Mathews site for the past couple weeks hoping to see the new bows.
But I must also admit that I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. It is such a sad sad day to see that my beautiful , faithful and loyal Q2 is now in the discontinued list. What is the world coming to?[][:'(]
Old 01-31-2004, 03:37 PM

Finally got my Outback set-up and shot it today. I have three words........"OH MY GOD"!! Sweetest bow I've ever shot. Sweeter than the Q2, Legacy and the LX (IMO). I have a 30", 70 lb, Outback with Trap door, Copper John Sights, shooting Gold Tip 3D Pro's. The only thing on this bow was my rest, sight, string loop, Sims Limbsavers and bow mufflers and this bow was quieter and more vibration free then my LX. I couldn't believe it! I actually forgot that I did not have my stabilizer on it until my Brother in law pointed it out to me. It doesn't need it!!
I have to admit that I was a little skeptical due to it's ATA length, but no longer. This bow shoots like a 36-38" bow IMO. If you are a Mathews fan and/or you are considering a new bow, you must give this bow a look. This will be the first bow that I've owned in the 25 years I've been an archer that will not have Beaver balls and/or string leechs on the string.
Once again, absolutely amazing bow. This is going to be a hot one for Mathews. I have not chroned the bow with my set-up yet, but will post results when complete. I'm gonna give the zebra string a couple hundred shots to settle in (if I don't replace it with a Winners Choice) and make sure it's perfectly tuned. I will post pictures of the bow set-up when I post the speeds.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:18 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Here is the Outback. Just tested one out today. I usually shoot at 60 lbs. and have never shot a bow with more than 65% letoff. Thought this one was set at 55...was set at 65%. Man, how great! The initial few inches of the pull are the most "intense" even though that isn't really an accurate term. But is shoots great! Mathews is apparently backed up on production, so I won't have it for a couple weeks. I'll just have to dream about it until then!
Old 01-31-2004, 10:22 PM

Thanks TJD, that is the sweetest bow I've shot and got to shoot Bow techs, Hoyts ,and tons of others in my search for "THE NEW BOW". I catch myself drooling when I gaze at it for too long! I just love how it draws/shoots so smooth, its weight, and the compactness. I hope everybody is well and the hunting is good! Thanks for the insight!
Old 01-31-2004, 11:58 PM

I shot an outback today at the shop i go to and it is nice..Retails there for $609.00

But i will have to say i personally don't see much if any of a difference between the new outback and my SQ2..[:-]
Seems to shoot the same to me..but thats (mo).. Is a nice bow and i to like the new camo pattern on it..
Old 02-01-2004, 10:11 AM

Wow, $609.00, that is a steal for an Outback, but there is a big difference, between the SQ2 and the Outback, just takes a while to notice it!