Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Predator Camo

Old 01-20-2004, 09:11 AM

Default Predator Camo

Thanks to everyone who answered my poll about fall away rests. I would like opinons on which color of predator camo will work best in all conditions from sage brush flats to moutainous terrain
Old 01-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Predator Camo

Fall Brown would be better for all around. The Fall Gray will also work well. It's better for snowy conditions and late season tree stand. The Fall Brown is very similar to ASAT as far as colors and tones. They don't look alike in pictures though.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm currently doing my own research on Predator camo. I have a Fall gray shirt and pants and have been testing it all over the place from Pines, to hardwoods, to brush and so forth. Currently, this camo has astounded me. I can not beleive how well it is working regardless of its suroundings.

I don't think you can go wrong with either fall brown or grey. I personally like the greyer patterns. I hunt most hardwoods and occasionaly brush.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the Grey would be better if you're treestand hunting... kinda light background like Sklyine Apparition with better contrast. That'll be my next pattern.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

For treestand hunting or snowy conditions on the ground
I'd recommend FG. For most on the ground hunting I'd
go with FB.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:01 AM

I have a few pieces of clothing in fall grey by greywolf. The fall grey looks very "bright" in a non woods environment ie:your living room. Where it really excells is where it counts, the woods. All game I've encountered while wearing it seemed to look right thru me. Be it treestand or ground. I don't think you can go wrong with either, it may come down to personel preference.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have the Pred. green and at first was apprehensive about it. But after having alot of deer walk by without seeing me, it started to make me more confident. The clincher was the four gobblers that walked within 10 yards of me while I was in a tree stand and they didn't even look up at me. And you guys know how sharp their eyes are. I've had them stop and look at me every time with other name brand camos but this was amazing. I felt almost invisible. Granted this was early season archery with green leaves still on the trees but heck, that's why I wore the camo.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

I have fall brown in Wool and have hunted out west and here at home in Illinois. Have hunted on the ground, and in treestands and it works great.