Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new bow- matthews?

Old 01-12-2004, 06:33 PM
BB9

Default RE: new bow- matthews?

I have owned quite a few Mathews and also a Bowtech. I like the Bowtechs but in my opinion nothing beats a Mathews. I have shot the new Outback (Posted a thread on the subject). I ordered 2 to replace 2 Legacy's. My advice to you and everyone else. Shoot a lot of bows and see what you like best (boy, that's original). But, for you and everyone out there......wait until the Outback is available to the public. Watch out!! Someone once told me there are two kinds of bow owners....those that have Mathews and those that eventually will. No offense everyone.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:41 PM

Thanks for all the nput . I 've taken your advice. I've been shooting as much as I can. The Ultra 2 as gained a bit a respect from me. I can't believe I'm saying this but the Mats felt in all better than the PSEs I shot[:'(] and I love my PSE. Still looking though.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:58 PM

Also the Mathews "classic" based off the older MQ1, but has all the new goodies that Mathews has come out with!
Old 01-14-2004, 05:47 AM

Wait for new models. Mathews has some great bows coming this year.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:52 AM

Z71GeorgiaHunter: I sent you a email!
Old 01-17-2004, 11:41 PM

I bought a hoyt last year after shooting the same bow for 13 years(I'm very loyal). Today I bought a Matthews, held it in my hands and drew it back a couple hundred times, it just felt right. Since it's an MQ1 (no longer in production) the store gave it to me at a nice discount, but it still has a lifetime guarantee. I checked out all the hoyts before I chose the Magnatech, solely because of the price-my mistake. I personally think the Ultra and Razor techs are quality bows, but just rethink your final decision a few more times than you think neccesary, and if you think what you want is too expensive, then consider paying a nice chunk of cash on something you won't be happy with, and lastly, there's depreciation to think about as I've found out; you may take a beatin if you try to sell the bow you aren't happy with. I hope this doesn't make you all think that I'm in marketing at Matthews Archery, because I'm not; this is just another opinion. But damn- I do like my Mathews!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

take a look at the new pse bows also check out browning and jennings
Old 01-28-2004, 08:37 PM

I really like my Mathews. Ive never had a problem, its accurate, quiet, smooth, durable, and trusty. But, im not going to say its the only bow out there. Shoot them and do what you think is right. The store i work at though, we tell people "Dont shoot one unless you intend on buying it" Because when you do shoot one, you'll want one.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:10 PM

I have to agree on the matthews. Been shooting an MQ-1 for a few years and lwould not have traded it for anything but it got stolen a few weeks ago and I bought a new Q2XL got a great deal on it since it's a discontinued model but still has lifetime warranty. I'm sure all the other bows are good bows but I believe if it aint broke don't fix it so I stayed with a matthews
Old 01-29-2004, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

For what it is worth, the Classic is not an MQ1, it is a Feathermax/FX. And tournament results blah blah blah.......those guys could shoot with anything. Shoot whatever shoots and feels best to you, in the long run you only have to please yourself with your bow choice.

Quick Reply: new bow- matthews?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.