Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

steelforce v. muzzy

Old 12-07-2003, 10:42 PM

Default steelforce v. muzzy

Does anyone have any experience with both the steelforce and the muzzy heads? I'm contemplating a change from mechanicals but want a head that is more likely to shoot with my field tips. Please advise.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: steelforce v. muzzy

Both are fine heads and it depends on what you want, cut on contact or chisel tip. Another head to consider is the Magnus stinger, similar to the steel force only better in my opinion. The Muzzy 4 blade 100 grn and Magnus stingers will shoot great out of a well tuned bow.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:15 AM

I had a mechanical fail me on what would have been my first deer with a bow this year. I put on a hundred grain steel force and took my first deer last week. It shot exactly like my field tips.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used Steelforce for 3 years now and think that they are one of the best broadheads out there . they do fly true and will take the abuse .The muzzy is a good broadhead as well.But this season I tried the Crimson Talon and found that they did not stand up very well but they did fly well,as it turned out I went back to my Steelforce and did take a bull moose with them and I will be able to use the broadhead again with a little sharpening.

nubo
Old 12-11-2003, 10:41 PM

I used 00 grain steel force premium (smooth blade) this year and had awesome performance - They shoot great from my bow - as straight as a fixed can fly. I had a pass through at 15 yards and the arrow went through 2 ribs and still buried an inch deep in the tree that was behind the deer......
Old 12-13-2003, 10:01 AM

I shoot the muzzy 4 blade 100 gr and I get excellent penetration and no adjusting when changing from field tips to broadheads. My partner shoots the steelforce and he has no problems. Hes taken a few deer this year with them and is very satisfied. They are both very good choices. Hope this helps.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:54 PM

they are both good, but the muzzy is the better of the 2. i use the 90 gr out of my blk max at 68...on acc's. let me tell u...muzzys put holes in things...big holes and they come away with no flaws...they never ever ever ever fail