Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Shafts/Broadheads

Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Spike

Default Shafts/Broadheads

Looking for some input on hard hitting, deep penatrating arrow shafts and broadheads. I have been looking at Easton Axis FMJs and for broadheads I like NAP Spitfires. If anyone has pros/cons on the gear or any sujections on other gear would be great thank you.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Spike

How's it going man, I have been in the same situation for the last few weeks, The FMJ's are really good flying arrows, and do hit really hit hard. I decided to go with the Carbon Axis arrows though, I have a really short draw length and wanted a lighter arrow to keep my speed about 270. I would say if you can shoot them without losing too much speed, you will be really happy with them. As far as broadheads go, I'm a fan of Slick Tricks and the Shuttle T's. Currently shooting Shuttle T's and they fly great and are really tough. What part of MO are you from?
Old 05-26-2013, 02:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by dkecoleman
How's it going man, I have been in the same situation for the last few weeks, The FMJ's are really good flying arrows, and do hit really hit hard. I decided to go with the Carbon Axis arrows though, I have a really short draw length and wanted a lighter arrow to keep my speed about 270. I would say if you can shoot them without losing too much speed, you will be really happy with them. As far as broadheads go, I'm a fan of Slick Tricks and the Shuttle T's. Currently shooting Shuttle T's and they fly great and are really tough. What part of MO are you from?
Hey as far as the draw length I have a 30in draw so I can shoot a fairly hefty arrow with little effects on it. And I am from a small town south at Kansas City.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Spike

I shoot Easton Axis 500 and man do they penetrate. I only pull 45 pounds and have a 25" draw length. Being 14 and still learning alot, but go with cut on contact. Nothing beats them, I use G5 Montec 100 grains, and do they fly true. And theres no worry about not opening up.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

im shooting beman ics hunter and muzzy mx-3's right now. you really cant go wrong with anything beman, goldtip, or easton. dont be shy when it comes to spending a little money too.