Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bloodrunner Broadheads

Old 05-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bloodrunner Broadheads

Anyone try the NAP Bloodrunner 2-balde? How does it work? Weary about michanicals.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Actually I was looking into them my self. I was looking at the 2 blade 100 gr ones. I don't see where you could go wrong with them. With their design, even if they failed to open, you would get a good size entrance hole. But the design makes it almost impossible for them not to open. Any pressure on the tip forces the blades open. It would have to be a catastrophic failure for them not to open up.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default These Mechanicals

I scouted them this winter. They look like an advance over a nearly identical type I've been using for sixteen years. (the new advance gets the newbies every time)

I recommend you put every mechanical put on for hunting, be put through a slow motion shooting deployment. Us hunters can screw up mechanicals something terrible. And always have the expertise to blame the broadhead.

Reminds me I just made some homemade wicks for a winter handwarmer. On the first try, I fouled up the mixture royally. Of course, the directions could have put more emphasis on one word. But on the second batch they came out nearly perfect, but very useable. It only goes to show, most times, that it's our new lack of understanding that has to come around.

Last edited by Valentine; 05-18-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Spike

I haven't used the 2-blade bloodrunners but I am using the 3-blade bloodrunners. They fly just like my field tips and you don't have to worry about them opening like other mechanicals. I personally think they are great.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Spike

Thumbs up Bloodrunners

I took the practice broadhead to the range the other day and I really like them. They flew straight,flat andthey didn't deviate from my point of aim at all; I'm looking forward to using them this weekend on my black bear hunt.