Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

opinion on bow sights

Old 06-18-2003, 10:53 PM

Default opinion on bow sights

hi im new here and to bowhunting. been deer hunting with rifles for the past 14 years but just now gettin around to using a bow. i just wanted some opinions on which sight i should buy. i narrowed it down to copper john dead nuts or the new cobra sidewinder sight. i probably cant go wrong either way but it would be nice to have some opinions from other hunters. thnx for any info
Old 06-19-2003, 05:53 AM

Default RE: opinion on bow sights

Go with the Copper John, It is a little more than the cobra but it is one tough sight. I own a Dead Nuts Pro and Love mine easy to setup and everything stays locked down. You cant go wrong with the Copper John.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:27 PM

so what exactly is the difference between the dead nuts pro and the dead nuts hunting sight? is there really a difference between the two? does the one out perform the other?
Old 06-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

the pro extends out farther than the hunting sight
I think that the Pro out preforms the hunter model (more accurate)
Old 06-19-2003, 09:28 PM

Copper John was the first sight I bought (about 4 months ago), and sense then My bow has jumped out of my hands to the ground twice. Forgot to put on my wrist strap. Very durable, acurate, and the adjustments stay where you put them. Good luck on your choice....
Old 06-19-2003, 11:23 PM

i went ahead and ordered the deadnuts pro. ive read nothin but good about it on this and other posts on this forum. thnx for the replies.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:03 AM

I am using the camo dead nuts hunter and find this sight to be very durable. The orange ring around the scope works great for centering the scope in your peep. I was using an impact cosmic before so the deadnuts is not as bright so I think I will get a light for it. The cosmic was actually to bright during daylight for me because the pin would starburst.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:39 PM

try the e-z sight from scrape-juice. extremely accurate. 1-478-988-4594
Old 06-23-2003, 07:49 AM

I use a Trophy Ridge flatliner. I really like the vertical pins and easy adjustiblity. 2 seasons and no problems. I would try a kisser button on your string also. It has helped my dad get his groups much tighter.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

Have you checked out Vital Bow Gear' s Trapper? Go Vertical![:-]

Quick Reply: opinion on bow sights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.