Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

New bow

Old 01-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Spike

Default New bow

Im looking into paying a new bow from Mathews. Its going to be the Mathews Monster. Can anyone tell me if they like it or not and y.. thanks
Old 01-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't waste your time and money on that bow--mathews tried something a little different and was trying to promote a product that would reach the people that have a "need for speed" but honestly ended up making the worst product that they have ever came out with... If you are stuck on mathews go with the Z7 becuase that bow does circles around the monster.. I know three people that ran out and bought the monster as soon as it came on the selves--all three now have different bows, two of them sold theirs on ebay within a month of owning them.. The monster is not a realistic hunting bow in my opinion especially for whitetail deer.. If your into the speed kick try the new bowtech destroyer, i just bought and its fantastic!! But Mathews have both the Z7 and DXT that are great bows....
Old 01-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

i would shoot it bfor you buy it becaus that thing will beat you to death if you are going to spend the money look at the destroyer or the z34 from ben pearson bows z7 is not that bad but if all you are looking for is speed go ahead with the monster i would not hunt with it
Old 01-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you want a monster get the monster 7. Not the XLR8 or the regular monster but the monster 7.

IMO it is Mathews best bow in their line up. Very straight riser so it settles in the hand nicely and quickly and with the straight riser it isn't prone to side torque and does not kick sideways at the shot. It balances well, gets good speed, and is very quiet and shock free.

It is the only Mathews bow they have ever made that I would consider purchasing myself.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Spike

If it has to be a matthews i would buy the z7. You should also try the destroyer 340 and imo the best of all 3, maxxis31
Old 02-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have owned 7 Mathews Bows. I shot the Monster quite a bit last year and did Not like it at all. Too heavy, nasty draw cycle, overall just was Not impressed with the bow at all. IMHO the Z7 is a much better bow if you are wanting a Mathews. Other Bows I would recommend shooting are:

1. BowTech Destroyer 340 & 350
2. Hoyt Maxxis
3. BowTech Captain
4. Hoyt Alphamax

Good Luck!!
Dan
Old 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned, shoot it first and decide for yourself.

Personally, I don't like the Monster but I love the new Mathews Z7. I'd check it out and see what you think? Good luck and good shootin'
Old 02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

For those that didn't like the monsters of 2009 (I hated them too) you should shoot the monster 7. It is a totally different bow than the previous two monsters.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigbulls
For those that didn't like the monsters of 2009 (I hated them too) you should shoot the monster 7. It is a totally different bow than the previous two monsters.
Did Mathews trim the weight down this year? That was one of my Big knocks on the 09's How does it compare to the Destroyers side by side in your opinion?

Dan
Old 03-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Spike

hey i got the monster and i had to wait to shoot it because all of the snow we had. So i got it out a few weeks ago and i been shooting lt and it shoots great. im hoping to use it a few days for turkey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.