Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews Z7

Old 12-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Spike

Default Mathews Z7

First off I want to say that i'm new to bow hunting, and really had no idea about them.
Went to the local Gander mountain to try a few bows and see if I liked anything I ended up shooting the Stud and the Iceman. The stud was the first bow I have ever shot so I really had nothing to compare it to at the time. From there I shot the Iceman which I liked much more then the Stud. The man at Gander said the Iceman would be a little harder to draw because of the limb design, but it was not noticable to me.
From there I went to a local bow shop and shot the Hoyt Maxxis 31.
I really liked the bow and thought it would be the one to get. It seemed very smooth and quiet. The only thing I did not like was there seemed to be just as much vibration as the other bows I had shot. I also shot the PSE Bow Madness and did not like the feel of the bow.
The last bow I shot was the new Mathews Z7. In my limited experience I think it was in a class by itself. There was absolutely no vibration and the bow seemed to balance exceptionally in my hand. I decided it was the bow I wanted even before I looked at the sticker. To my delight they were having a Christmas sale on bows and it was 20% off. Bow ended up being $675.

I know that my opinions have no experience to back them up but by what I felt today I think the Z7 will be an incredible bow.

Lastly what arrows do you reccomend shooting the guy at the bow shop was telling me about an arrow that had an aluminum outside and carbon inside anyone heard of them and have an opinion I believe they were easton.

Last edited by Flatspin; 12-07-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will be buying a Z7 this off season... shot it the other day and absolutely fell in love w/ it.
I will probably stick w/ my Beman ICS Hunter arrows.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just went today and shot it again... love it.. have one on order already... time to sell the switchback xt
Old 12-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Z7 is indeed an awesome bow!!! It seems to hook everyone that shoots one! This is THE rig I want for the 2010 season as well!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just stopped in and saw my new bow at my proshop. Just came in this AM. they are taking accesories off of my current bow and setting up new Z7 as we speak. I will stop back later and tune w/ them and bring her home!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Brought it home last night...!!! What an incredible bow... fast, quiet, comfortable, no hand shock at all..
Love it!
I wish bow season were just starting again
Old 12-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm excited to get mine! I've got a couple huntin' buddies and even my Dad are going to buy Z7's this year. I'm only trying to decide on color now, camo, black, or black riser with camo lmbs???
Old 12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

IL... they look great any color or combo. I prefer the full camo.. my buddy ordered black... You'll love it!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went ahead and ordered the Black riser/ Camo limb model yesterday evening. I went to the shop and spent a fair amount of time shooting it and then told my Shop guy.... get it ordered! LOL! The only bad news is that Mathews says there is a 7 to 8 week wait on Z7's now..... man, that's gonna be a long 2 months!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

The pro shop I deal with has more then I thought they would have, but he said they are going fast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.