Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

33 inch draw

Old 09-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Spike

Default 33 inch draw

My son is looking for a bow with a 33 inch draw. Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 09-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyt Vantage Elite or if you can find a good, used Hoyt Pro Tec or Ultra Tec. All have longer axle to axle length. They are also very accurate and forgiving.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

i am 6'5'' and have prolly around a 33'' draw..i shoot a hoyt katera xl...its draws out to 32'' but with the loop i get another half inch...just a little info for ya
Old 09-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not all draw are as advertised. I shoot a Diamond Iceman with a 30" draw and a longer loop. If I follow my measurements, I should be shooting a 30.5" draw (I'm 6'4"), but this works well for me.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyt Montega is another option. Its a LONG bugger, but the draw is there. On the Pro-Elite Hoyts, you can get limbs that will allow for a draw out to 35". If he is a GENUINE 33" draw, he's got some tough shopping ahead of him. HAve him measured by a trained person, and see what that draw comes out in real world lengths, as well as proper anchor point, release length, form, all that stuff. Anyone can shoot a draw that is too long when the form is off.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Spike

Last year was his first year bow hunting and bought an older Golden Eagle. He's 6'5", wears a 16 boot and can probable scratch his anckles standing straight! LOL He has went to a pro shop and was measured. I've watched him shoot and he looks good and is pretty accurate but says he isn't comfortable.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Bo...-draw-only.htm
longest production draws
get a nice release with adjustable length and make a decent sized (not huge) loop