Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Need some new clothing....

Old 09-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Spike

Default Need some new clothing....

Well I need to buy some new clothing for hunting and can't belive what in cost now .. I hunt tree stands most of time and i live up here in north dakota. i start hunting hard come oct so it might be cold.. I guess what i am asking is what a guy should buy and where to get it from. All we have where i live is scheels but don't have a problem buying online. I have used the same cloths from high school and i can't sew up the stuff i have any more so its time to get some new ones.

Thanks for all the help
Old 09-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

its hard to say coming from illinois which type of pattern would suite you best, but last year a buddy and I bought the ScentBlocker clothing line with the mossyoak treestand pattern. I am extremely satisfied with the pattern. No game has seen me, but then again if you sit still enough, nothing will anyways more than likely
Old 09-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

what area do you live in, what are you hunting from?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

I would say buy the best exterior garments you can afford. Cheap gear is most of the time just cheap. For your under layers it does not really need to be camo so buy it where ever you can get a good price. Most important is if you buy cotton you will sweat and get miserably cold. Buy garments with man made fibers.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are on a tight budget, buy something like Cabela's Silent Weave jacket and bibs. Get them in XL or XXL size so they can fit over any warm clothes you might have from a Bismark Junior College Sweatshirt to a snowmobile jacket, yet in warm/moderate temps you aren't sweating bullets. I've had mine for 8 years. They still look good, remember the camo is only on the outside of what you are wearing, no sense paying an arm and a leg for something you don't need.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, one other option that I forgot to mention...I'm sure you have an army surplus store in Bismark, or maybe Mandan. Pick some camo up there. Our's even has all the name-brand stuff like realtree, but wearing the vietnam tiger camo shirt with digital (grey) pants, a buddy was 5 feet from me before he saw me turkey hunting last spring.Works great, cheap, and that stuff is made tough!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

I would look at Cabelas stuff. I have had good success with there clothing line especially the Microtex Line. Granted I don't hunt in the temperatures you probably do being I am from Virginia. I use Under Armour as a base layer then a layer of fleece on cold days (usually I wil do this when the temp overnight will be 0-25 degrees). I have insulated Microtex pants that are great. I have insulated bibs and a parka from Cabelas that I will put over that if needed.