Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

best bow?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default best bow?

hey guys ,

what do you think is the best bow that has hit the market in the past 3 years ? im liking the mathews dxt but someone just told me that a lot of mathews shooters have switched over to the new hoyt alpha max this year , i was just wondering what you guys thought about any and all bows not just mathews and hoyt
Old 08-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on what you want in the bow.I'll take a quiet forgiving bow over a sensitive speed demon any day.Besides Mathews and Hoyt.Bowtech/Diamond,PSE,Alpine,Parker and several others are well worth a look.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I doubt it exists

Over the last five years, especially . Too many competitive companies, staying in business, and satisfying a lot of customers.

Unless you are a picky shooter and have to have a "custom" , a lot of bows might fit your need.

If I hold a bow, extended, I can judge how well the bow will fit. Buying my last bow was difficult at best my last time.

My last time the bow had to meet my price range. For me, not the most expensive bows. It had to have some comfortable feel to it. For me, that satisfies it.

Good luck. I'd rather have some teeth pulled, than finally deciding on one good bow. One was hard.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot them all before you decide. A lot of people like the dxt but I didn't. I very much prefered the Drenalin but I dislike the grips on the Matthews bows. Check out the Bowtech Captain and Admiral also, they are great bows. The one that I like the most is the AlphaMax 32.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give the Athens Accomplice a shot...very nice...
Old 08-11-2009, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love my Mathews Switchback XT from 2006... Still cannot find a reason to "upgrade".
Old 08-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah it just depends on the shooter and what your shooting at. I have heard a lot of people call the DXT the best treestand bow, And i like it a lot but i do a lot of hunting, not just out of stand for whitetails. I have different needs just like everyone else. My current favorite bows that i have shot this year are(in no order) the Monster, DXT, Admiral, Alpha Max, X-Force GX DS, Z28 but there are a lot of others out there that are amazing, pick one that works for you.