Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tru-Glo sight light battery fix

Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tru-Glo sight light battery fix

I just McGuyvered a fix I thought I'd pass on...I had to replace the batts in the light on my Tru-Glo sight. They were L 736, an odd size I've found out. On the i-net, there were several conversion charts that indicated that a "bunny battery" sized 392 was the same. Nope. I put three 392s in the light and nuthin'. When I compared the 392s to the one original L 736 I saved, I discovered the 392s were a hair thinner than the original batteries.

Sooo...I made two small squares of folded tinfoil shim to fit between the thinner 392s, and presto...da kine small light wen' light up! Solid Brah!

note: I don't claim to be the first to do this. I suspect other archers with Tru-Glo sights have faced a similar problem. I'm jus' passin on some info to maybe help somebody else.

Good luck, whatevah you like go hunt.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tru-Glo sight light battery fix

thats great. i had a similar problem and ive done that using a penny on a red dot scope before. have you checked out the truglo tritium pins. there like 30$ but last 10 years and dont need batteries.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

JoeA, thanks for the heads-up. My TruGlo lite is still working. Checked it out in a darkened hallway, with a dark overcast outside. Does it have advantages, with an overcast and the canopy of trees making it darker. Saved a number of early morning practice sessions.

I often wondered about replacement batteries for such a light.

A local battery store has the 392 as a replacement for the L736, but I found a couple of internet sites that have the L736. Might just put out an internet order before hunting season comes around.

Speaking of adjustments. I have a couple of very inexpensive LED, less than 4 inch, flashlights, where the interior part was just a little too small for the outside battery case. Solution, were two small broken off pieces of wooden matches, under the rear part. For the price, it was worth the cost of the wooden match.

Thanks again.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

HERE IS THE BEST SOLUTION

Try using hearing aid batteries. Most likely either size 312 or 13. I use
(3) size 312 batteries in my Trophy Ridge sight. Hearing aid batteries are a zinc-air battery. That is, they actually begin to discharge as soon as you remove the tab but work great. Best part - they are readily available at any drug store, Walmart or Miracle-Ear Center but they don't last but a month or so. So for $8 you got a seasons worth.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:07 PM

I don't care about that. I just wanna know how to keep it from rattling when I shoot and the light is turned in the off position? I have the Range Rover.