Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Alpha max Katera

Old 11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Spike

Default Alpha max Katera

alright guys give it to me straight here i have a katera but with the new alpha max has me thinkin the hoyt maybe goin for sale soon whats the deal with this bow any comparison to the katera thanks
Old 11-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Alpha max Katera

the katera is faster, the alphamax is a poor immitation of bts center pivot riser, imo... i dont see any advantages the a-max has over the katera.. other than a little brace height
Old 11-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every review ive read (except one ^) states that the AlphaMax is a VERY nice bow. Ive seen nothing but good things said about it. Ive heard it has a smoother draw and is quieter.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

I own a BT General and as of last Tuesday I own a Alpha Max 32. I will assure you that the AM is not an immatation of the BT Center Pivot. The draw cycle is no comparison, the AM is much smoother.

The only thing that the General has on the AM is, it is a little quieter. At least mine is.

I like the AM better than the General, that is just my opinion. Rest assured though, it is nothing like a BT Center Pivot.

I have shot several Katera's as well and to me the AM is a little nicer. It is lighter and yes you loose a little speed, but speed is not everything.

Shoot one and see what you think. If you are spending the money your opinion is really the only one that matters!
Old 11-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

i liked the amax, i just meant i didnt see the reason in going from the katera to the amax, esp not for 800+...

i dont put as much emphasis on the draw cycle as how it feels in your hand and how quiet it is...

if you read some of my other posts on diff threads you will find that i think the amax is a very nice bow, just not my thing thats all
Old 11-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Idk if its worth trading the Kater for theAM but i thought it was an very good feeling bow. One of teh better bows ive ever shot. as far as teh design, dont listen to naysayers, it is not like a bt. My delema is between the Captain, GT500, and the AM35. They are all super good shooters adn i need to shoot them all one after the other to make my decision.
Derek
Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still have not shot it yet but how can it be compared to the BowTech center pivot? The BowTech limbs flex on both sides of that pivot. The Hoyt locks in just like it di on the previous models. I have talked to the Hoyt dealer and yes they made the limb pocket longer and the riser there longer. The limbs just do not pivot like the BowTech does. It is like saying an apple is an orange because they are both round.