Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews, Catch Us if You Can, Pfft!

Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mathews, Catch Us if You Can, Pfft!

I've always been a fan of Mathews bows. I've owned at least one for 15 years now and I currently still own two.Ijust went over to PSE this year because Mathews did not have a bowin their lineup that was better than the PSE X Force series, not even close.I looked atthe Mathews new 09 lineup yesterday and I was shocked that to see thatthe new latest and greatest Mathewsare an exact copy of the PSE X Force series bows. Mathews was once a industry leaderin the archery field and now they have stooped down to the cheaplevel ofcopy cat company which I never thought I'd see. PSE does not have the market share andMathews is figuring they'll steal the design which will unfortunatelywork due to thier greater market share but it's pretty low.

Mathews used to say that A. They would never make a splt limb bow as they were interior to solid limbs.B. Mathews said thatone cams were superior to one cams and they would not make two cam bows due to timing issues that cannot be overcome, hence the slogan. "One day, all bows willhave just one cam"

Another cheap tactic is that Mathews is selling a bow with a 5" brace height now. Mathews knows that anything less than 6" is almost impossible for the average or evenvery advancedarchers tohandle.

Mathews, you guys were once great but this latest slimemove shows that you've fallen oh so far from the top. I have a new company slogan for Mathews... "Catch Up, Hope We Can"

Old 11-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mathews, Catch Us if You Can, Pfft!

I see your point but dont completely agree.

First off for a company to keep up they sometimes will eat there words and there company moto. For a lack of better words that isnt so played out, "change".

I would be willing to bet that the dual cam bow by mathews is a failure in sales, while there new fast single cam bow the reezen is the one that sells. the dual cam bows also doesnt carry the mathews name, there using Mcphearson as means of hiding the fact they made a dual cam bow, while leaving single cams bows strictly to carry the mathews name.

to say they copied isnt anything new in any industry. toyota and honda made reliable cars that were economic, now ford and chevy do too. Ford and chevy made trucks, now toyota and honda do too. High country popularized split limbs now pse,BT and mathews and just about everyone else uses them. Mathews made the single cam bow, everyone has a version now. To single mathews out for using a design that was created a long time of go is crap, to say they ate their words, thats more realistic.

And market share is evening out, PSE got drury and realtree, which is huge!!! By doing that they have presented them selfs to every guy/girl out there. Also, if you notice that major outdoor stores like Bass Pro, Cabelas and so forth carry those bows thus increasing there sales and market share. The one thing mathews hasnt done (yet??) is sell out and let everyone sell there bows.

I think there is a lot of uneccesary hate on a lot of these post about Mathews. I choose to look at it asFear!!!