Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge Mantis sight

Old 11-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trophy Ridge Mantis sight

Everyone,

Anyone use the Trophy Ridge Mantis pendulum sight with v-drive? Likes/Dislikes? I have used the Keller pendulum sight for years but all the features on the Trophy Ridge have me thinking about switching. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 PM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Mantis sight

I got mine the year before they introduced the v drive. I love the sight. The bubble and the round sight ring are very helpful. Have killed numerous deer with it, some from the ground, rest from a tree. I recommend it to all of my friends any chance I get. By the way, switching to it from my old sight and regaining accuracy was quick and easy.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Spike

I'm actually buying one this weekend....I'll let you know. Two of my buddies have them....I've shot their bows and they seem like a good piece of equipment. I've always used fixed sights.Also, I called the mfg, because I was having trouble finding one and found out they are being discontinued....due to low sales.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Spike

I've only taken 1 deer with mine, so far. Last weekend while hunting I noticed the sight pin and the fiber optic were seperated. Upon further inspection the pin was raised and not seated properly. While trying to fix it, on stand, I broke the fiber and bent the pin. I straightened the pin and quit my hunt. After getting back to the house I shot the bow to see how far I was due the the bent pin. I was actually still on so I continued my hunt that afternoon. Without the fiber I couldn't see like normal. I e-mailed the company and am sending it in to get fixed. They are very easy to deal with. It's only going to cost $10.00 plus shipping to fix. I was told there is a "sock" you can get to protect the sight. Be sure to always check the screws to make sure they are tight. My set screw fell out, thats why the pin was raised. That had nothing to do with the sight it was all operator error.
I still reccoment the sight.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Spike

I purchased the sight and had it installed at the Hunt N Shack, Gum Spring, VA....by the way...this was the first time I went to this store and I was very satisfied w/ the service.

Anyways, After we got it adjusted I shot several arrows at the store's indoor range. Today, I just shot several more times at my 3D target.
I did notice that there aretwo set screws (one on each site) of the pendalum....one came loose, so took them out andput a little loctite on them...problem fixed!

Also, I noticed the lock down thumb screw needs to be checked every couple shots....when tightened down..seems to work its way loose. I'm going to put some candle wax on it....