Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow for Wife and Son

Old 09-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow for Wife and Son

I am looking into a bow that both my wife and son can use. Right now I have it narrowed down to the Martin Sabre, Bear Odessey II, and the Diamond Edge package. If anybody has any expirience with any of these 3, be it good or bad please let me know.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:16 PM

Default RE: Bow for Wife and Son

diamond edge all the way. its what i i have and i love it!! How old is your son? did you know that when he outgrows it you can take it to a dealer and swap for 40-50 limbs to 50-60 pound limbs for 45 bucks!! that saves you from buying a new bow. Its a great shooting bow and its pretty quiet as well
Old 09-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the advice. He is ten and may struggle with 40 lbs. right now. But I am sure he will be able to do it with some practice.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just ordered a Genesis bow for my wife and daughter(12). Anyone in the family can shoot this cause it has no set draw length. I've heard they are a really good bow for beginners and when it comes to selling them, archery clubs usually are interested. I know its not 1 you had listed, but I thought I'd throw it out there for ya.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

He already has a Genesis, but I think it maxes at 20 lbs or so. I would like to have him hunt with it next year and also have my wife shoot it. I am not sure but I think you have to have a minimum of 40 lbs for whitetail hunting in MN by law. I could be wrong. Thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

edge all the way. i bought one for my gf about a month ago. its super quiet, and very versatile/flexible. the hand shock isvery low. and if you get a newer model which im sure u will it comes with the hostage rest by octane. comes with everything you need to shoot besides arrows and a release. we paid 360 for everything. seems like a great bow so far. weve shot together several times and she seems very comfortable with it already. i wish my first bow was that good.jmo
Derek
Old 09-11-2008, 11:54 PM

Silly question, and I think I know the answer. Why not get them each their own bow?
Old 09-12-2008, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, I think I will go with the edge.I was leaning that way to begin with but I dont have a shop that handles Martin or Bear. So I wasnt sure. I think I may spring it on them for Christmas this year.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

you wont be disappointed.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Dont forget.... Parker has similar Program with the limbs, and I honestly thing they shoot way better.