Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

High Country Arrows?

Old 08-22-2008, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default High Country Arrows?

What's the story with these arrows? I heard they fly faster than anything out there...
Old 08-22-2008, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: High Country Arrows?

They are faster because they are lighter than anything else out there, 5.5 grains per inch. For most bows this will be below the 5 grain per pound minimum total arrow weight required to not void the warranty.

Also, from what I have heard most people's experiences with them, they cause the bow to be louder (from shooting a lighter weight arrow, heavier arrows absorb more energy of the shot making it quieter) and also very brittle and prone to splintering and cracking.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone else have any experience with these arrows?
I just shot some (full size), and they're incredibly fast. They're VERY light, but advertise a very stiff spine.
I'm shooting Easton 300's at 10.7 gpi, and I'm at 285 fps.
These arrows (again, full size) were clocking in at 335 fps.
I didn't notice any difference in noise or shock/vibration in my BowTech Tribute at 70 lbs.

I am worried about them being too light...any thoughts??
Thanks!

Old 09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Spike

I noticed a considerable difference in speed compared to my Eastons. My arrows are still in good shape ,but next time around ,I will try them out. Also, like Tarheel hunter, I did not notice any difference in noise or vibration.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot them in 3D shoots because they are blazing fast and flat as a pancake, I won't shoot them at an animal because I noticed that when I shoot one next to my maxima hunters, they penetrate about half as much into the target. That is a huge difference in Kinetic energy. I want all the help I can get on a 40 yard, adrenaline rushed, windy day shot that I can

P.S. Mine chrono 360+ through my iron mace at 72#.....
Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

I picked up 4 of the 6.2 (I think) grain per inch. They are smokin fast, but I notice a loss in impact on my bag target. They are fun to mess around with, but I will stick to my carbon express arrows for deer season. Also if you are thinking about shooting these arrows pick up an arrow scale. I got one on archery talk for very cheap. Use the scale to make sure you stay over the 5 grains per pound of draw weight.