Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Building some new arrows.. Full Metal Jackets

Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Building some new arrows.. Full Metal Jackets

anyone use the full metal jackets? I picked up a dozen 340's, I've used ACC's for years and like this reverse design.. great looking and seem like a real strong arrow..

any feed back from guys using the "full metal jackets"?? I am all ears.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Building some new arrows.. Full Metal Jackets

Great question, I have been looking at new arrows for this upcoming season and those are on the top of my list!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use them and love them. I bought a dozen the first year they came out, had awesome results on game with them. I really like the increased weight they provide, along with the small diameter. I just bought a dozen of the camo ones, because they look cool even though I have a bunch of the originals left. I highly recommend this arrow. I, however, have only use the epoxy on my hunting arrows (for the inserts.) If you get a wild shot and hit something like the back wall at the range, you are going to break your arrow before that epoxy lets go and lets the insert come out. I hot melt in my practice inserts, allowing me to just pull the insert out should an arrow go into a log or something at a 3D shoot, then epoxy my hunting ones, which also allows me to balance them real well while the epoxy is still wet. That expoxy is some strong stuff!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

I use them along with CE Maximas. Love them both. FMJs are heavier.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought some, wasn't thrilled. Sold them.
They are a beautiful arrow. Prettiest I've ever owned.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys for the feed back.

Mike I like them for the exact same reasons you stated and thanks for the advice, I will definately set mine up with that in mind...

I too really like the 11.1 grains per inch and am gonna set mine up with 100 grain weighted inserts up front.. 29 inches long.. 125 grain heads.....she should pack a whollop! I am looking at the Eclipse 4 blade broadhead .. I have a good friend that reccomended them to me and after looking at the research on these teflon coated/hard as nails steel heads..they look pretty solid.. I think this package is gonna make one danged nice arrow.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:04 AM

These arrows have serious penetration. More than they really should, based on their medium weight. Must be a combination of the slippery shaft and the small diameter. Also shoot exceptionally well. They seem to hold up real well on impacts to the head, but not as well as I hoped to side forces. I had one break from a turkey thrashing around with about 20" of shaft sticking out his backside. A buddy of mine broke one when a buck ran off with the arrow still mostly contained in the deer's body. But I think most carbon arrows would have broken in either of these scenarios.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:37 PM

Have used these arrows since last season. Excellent penetration. I use the .340's with 125 razorcaps and lighted nocks, quick spin 4" with 7" wrap. Total weight is 555 (32" draw length). Will be picking up camo version next week to set up for season. The shafts take a lot of pounding without damage.

DetLieut