Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

looking for a good "Drop Away" rest

Old 04-05-2008, 10:01 AM

Default looking for a good "Drop Away" rest

Well last night I decided to buy the Matthews DXT and the matching 3 arrow quiver however I went into the shop thinking I would buy the "Rip Cord" arrow rest but the guy showed me another one and I can't remember the name of it. I had to order the bow so it won't be in for a week. Any suggestions for a good drop away arrow rest? I also need a string peep sight. Aren't they all pretty much the same except the size of the viewing hole?
Old 04-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: looking for a good "Drop Away" rest

I would suggest the limbdriver. Very easy to set up and it works awsome.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

I am using the Trophy Ridge dropzone right now on my General. I like it well enough, it works good, but I kind of think it makes some noise on the shot. Before that, I had a QAD Ultra on my bow. I liked it alot, but at the time I was having clearance problems with it. However, the more I think about it, I think was the bow itself (it had a lot of cam lean), and I am seriously considering putting it on my new General. I like the full containment and the fact that it stays up even at slow letdown. Just my 2 cents, those are the only two I've ever used.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Limb Driver.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:59 PM

I have on another site a Top Gun Phatom Drop away for sale as we speak for $60 bucks.....Brand new still in the box and was $89.99 when I bought it!!! Pm me if you want it!!
Old 04-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

QAD HD pro-similar to the Ripcord but I think it's better. It has lock down which means it won't bounce back up after you shoot. You can let down your arrow without the rest collapsing. It only goes off if you jerk it i.e shoot.It's fully contains the arrow and works without fail. I've had a few different rest but this was by far the best. I heard a lot of good things about the limb driver but it's not full containment but some don't care about that.