Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Octane on Diamonds

Old 03-28-2008, 11:11 PM

Default Octane on Diamonds

I was thinking about upgrading my Sims S-coil on my Diamond Marquis to something a little better. I've taken notice of the Octane line and I was wondering if there would be any reason to believe that the Octane Stabilizers would be an "optimal" choice, considering they are made by Bowtech.

Does anybody know if the Octane stabilizers are "tuned" to the Bowtech or Diamond bows?

Also, I was wondering about how to choose a length. Right now, the reflexed riser on my Marquis is such that my current stablizer, the S-coil (4 inches), is not protruding out in front of my bow. I've seen many videos (and watched a few experienced shooters with competition setups) where the bow tends to rotate forward after a shot. Currently my bow doesn't tend to do this and I am under the impression that a slightly longer stabilizer would give the proper mass distribution to push the center of gravity past my grip.

The Marquis that I test fired had a 4.5 inch Hi-Tek Stabilizer and I thought that setup sounded a little quiter, but I think I was shooting really heavy arrows so perhaps the "noise" is due to my screaming fast setup. For the most part, I consider myself a hunter, so I wouldn't get a 30" stabilizer... would a 7" or an 11.5" be a better stabilizer? Is there a big difference between 7" and 11.5"? is 11.5" too long for a treestand?

I'm looking for something that will make my bow a little quieter and add distribute some weight forward to give my bow that forward going motion after the shot. (and help steady my hand to aid in pounding those X's!)

Thanks,
Da Walleyeking
Old 03-28-2008, 11:56 PM

Default RE: Octane on Diamonds

If it's weight forward that you seek then try out the Wildthing made for the Diamond line.