Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Arrows(carbon fury)

Old 03-27-2008, 09:52 AM
tf
Spike

Default Arrows(carbon fury)

I was wanting to know if anyone uses,(and likes), the carbon fury arrows that are sold by Bass Pro.Also, what is the difference between the "reg. vanes" and the short or smaller size vanes? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Arrows(carbon fury)

They'redecent arrows for the money, pretty heavy though. The carbon fury's are made by carbon express I believe. For a little more $$ you can buy better thru online stores or classifieds.

I think you're referring to Blazers when you ask about the "shorter vanes" They are supposed to help stabilze arrow flight and increase speed somewhat compared to conventional 4" vanes.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Arrow quality is relative to price. Buy the best quality arrows you can afford.

Dan
Old 03-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Spike

I have used their arrows for years.I like them and yes they are a little heavy ( more ke) but have proven to be durable and are a good arrow for the money.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

took my first deer with one of them and she dropped within 35 yards of me. Cant go wrong with that.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:48 AM

i bought these arrows a couple of years ago and had very bad luck with these arrows. the inserts pulled right out of the arrows. most of them were never shot. then the vanes fell of the arrows while sittin in my case. never shot. i did not like the arrows even for the price. i now use beman and the price is a little more but have never had any problems.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:00 PM

I don't think that you can go wrong with either Carbon Express CX or the Gold Tip XT hunter 55/75's. Those two seem to be the best arrow for the money, $40 for a half dozen and that's all you'll need. Beamen ICS aren't bad either. Personally, I wouldn't buy the generic brands, not when it comes to the arrowsbut I don't know? Let us know how it works out.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:51 PM
tf
Spike

Hey guys, I appreciate your feed-back. I currently have shot the arrows in practice with no discernable problems, but have not shot at game yet. I'm trying to stay within a budget on my hunting and thought I wasn't giving up much on the arrows considering I used to hunt with aluminum back in the day. Thanks again. I love these forums, I learn so much. God bless.