Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Good Release?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Good Release?

I'm looking for a new release. I am currently shooting with a T.R.U. Ball titan and it is tearing up my d loops one after another (7 in less than a year). I was leaning toward a Scott Sabertooth or Silverhorn and was wondering what users have thought about them.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:45 PM

Default RE: Good Release?

I just recently went through this. I bought 3 releases in a month. I started with a Carter Quickie 1, then a Scott Wildcat, a Tru Fire Hurricane Power Strap, then aTru Fire Bulldog. I settled on the Wildcat.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Scott or Carter!!

Dan
Old 03-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

I love the Scott mongoose. Its all in what you like, but I prefer a single caliper style rathe than deul caliper realease. I have shot the mongoose and little goose, but I like the mongoose because it is a little beefier.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:16 PM

I have taken a file to the edges of my release calipers so they are not so darn sharp. It does help the loop from breaking down and I think it helps the loop to slide a bit better off the jaw or caliper.

Trufire Judge, Trufire 3D hunter, Carter chocolate addiction and Carter chocolate additiction liteare very good releases.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never had aproblem with a Scott Mongoose and have been shooting them ever since they cam out.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RefusetoFollow
I was leaning toward a Scott Sabertooth
I shoot a sabertooth and love it!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 AM

I prefer the Scott releases. I used to shoot the Scott Little Goose, But switched to the Wildcat 2 yrs ago and love it. The forward trigger is the way to go. Well worth every red cent I paid. I do have to say I have been thinking of trying the silverhorn.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started shooting a scott string release years ago before the loops became popular, I still shoot it and love the release, I would imagine the rest of the scott products are just as good. I am not sure if they even make the string release any more, I haven't seen them in any catalogs or shops lately but if you could find one it is a good one, it reduces serving wear without a loop. Good luck to you...
Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot the Little Goose and Wildcat. Like both.

Quick Reply: Good Release?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.