Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

different qad arrow rests

Old 02-13-2008, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default different qad arrow rests

I am looking at buying a qad arrow rests and now there is 3 models at my bowshop the regular for 49 dollars I think then they have one for 79 dollars and the hd for 109 or so dollars. My question is are the more expensive models any better than the cheaper version. I have a short draw length draw at 27.5 and shoot a pretty heavey arrow right now and the bow is a dxt if that would help figure arrow speed should be in 270 fps vicinity just a guess.
thanks chris
Old 02-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: different qad arrow rests

I just bought the QAD Ultra rest pro HD... I think... it was $97.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 AM

they are really different. the basic $50 model is a plain string dropaway. the next verison is the LD model, which stands for lock down. it can be locked into place holding your arrow. and also afterrelease it locks down away from the arrow, to keep it from bouncing up and hitting the arrow likeregular dropaways seem todo alot.the top model HD is the same but has a vibration incert on it. i have the hd and love it. good luck on your choice. we chrono a x force with one at 335fps and no issues. my bow is putting out 284fps with no problems at all.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

ok thanks
chris
Old 02-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Spike

All the models lock in the up position to provide a full containment rest so your arrow can't fall off. I have the $50 hunter model and it works well on my hunting bow. It doesn't lock down after the shot but I haven't noticed any issue with that. It isn't as finely adjustable as the more expensive versions, but not a bad rest for the money.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wobschall

All the models lock in the up position to provide a full containment rest so your arrow can't fall off. I have the $50 hunter model and it works well on my hunting bow. It doesn't lock down after the shot but I haven't noticed any issue with that. It isn't as finely adjustable as the more expensive versions, but not a bad rest for the money.
Ditto. I have the hunter model and it works flawlessly. I've had no problems at all. I can't see how the $100 dollar version could possibly peform any better than mine.

The only substantial difference is that the more expensive models are slightly easier to adjust and they seem to be built a little tougher. But the way they work is identical except for the Lock down function that keeps the rest from bouncing back up. I think that's just marketing BS because most people have no trouble with bounce back on the Hunter models. IMO that's just a way to sell the same rest for twice as much money.