Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

tracer nocks

Old 01-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default tracer nocks

was reading some previous forums on lighted nocks and think I am going to try the tracer nocks. When I went to there web page said they were sold to easton and can be purchased now at cabelas. went to cabelas on line and couldn't find them. anyone know where they can be purchased.. thanks
Old 01-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Spike

Default RE: tracer nocks

ive seen them at gander mountain
Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

bass pro had them last month.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Question..

Can you shoot them and disable the light? So you can practice at your local archery shop wihtout them blinking the whole time??

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:31 PM

I don't know where you can get Tracer Nocks from but Luminocks are about the same price, I think. You can get them anywhere.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Whitehorn

Question..

Can you shoot them and disable the light? So you can practice at your local archery shop wihtout them blinking the whole time??

Thanks.
You can with a Lumenock. They make a practice nock that is the same exact size as the hunting nock so you can practice with them.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tracer nocks turn off by passing by a magnet mounted on the riser shelf. They are turned off by passing them back over the magnet...

I don't have any of these -- YET. I'm actually thinking of switching from my A/C/C's JUST so I can shoot these next year; they're the cat's meow, that's for sure... and from what I hear from fellow Pro Staffers... MUCH, MUCH better than Lumenocks.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

you can practice with them by removing the magnet from your bow. the tracers will not light up then. the magent attaches via velcro strip to your bow. they are far superior over the luminock imo. ebau also had them. I bought 2 packs from bass pro in when I visited tx last month.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

Easton bought out the Smart Tracer Nock line this year, They are now called "Easton Tracer Nocks". I have used both Tracer and Luminock and found the Tracer nocks to be the most reliable.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't have any of these -- YET. I'm actually thinking of switching from my A/C/C's JUST so I can shoot these next year; they're the cat's meow, that's for sure... and from what I hear from fellow Pro Staffers... MUCH, MUCH better than Lumenocks.
I won't leave ACC's just to try a lighted nock but I am hoping someone will make one for the ACC's. I know Greg, if you take out the nock unibushing from an ACC, Luminock makes one for that size, I think the FMJ model or the smaller of the two models.

There you go guys, invent a lighted nock for an ACC, I'm sure I'm not the only one.