Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

General or Allegiance

Old 01-28-2008, 01:23 PM

Default General or Allegiance

After shooting many different bows I've finally narrowed my decicion down to two. The General and Allegiance. I'm having a tough time deciding between the two. I will mostly be bowhunting, but I recently moved to an area with a field archery range and would like to start doing that and 3ds a lot more. So would the better speed of the Allegiance make it a better all around bow? Or will the General perform well in the field and 3d aspect also?
Old 01-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: General or Allegiance

ORIGINAL: ParkerBrother

After shooting many different bows I've finally narrowed my decicion down to two. The General and Allegiance. I'm having a tough time deciding between the two. I will mostly be bowhunting, but I recently moved to an area with a field archery range and would like to start doing that and 3ds a lot more. So would the better speed of the Allegiance make it a better all around bow? Or will the General perform well in the field and 3d aspect also?
That really is a tough decision!! I have shot both bows a considerable amount and my choice out of those 2 would probably be the Allegiance. I like a little extra A to A it just produces a better string angle for my own personal anchor. If it were me trying to narrow down to one bow I would also be looking hard at the Guardian and the Airbornes

Dan
Old 01-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree, very tough decision. I have both the General and Allegiance. It's a very tough choice and I'm not sure how I would decide. Both have perks that are well deserved of a look. Add the 82nd and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to decide. If both the General and the Allegiance laid there and I had to grab one and go, probably the Allegiance as well. Again tho, depends on the reason. The General is one sweet shooter and fast enough. The Ally, slightly more hand shock and noise, thus more speed but....tough choice.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree. Tough call. For me it would initially be an issue of length versus weight. The Allegiance is a couple inches longer but the mass weight of the General is a pound more. You can interpret that information one of two ways. In terms of the weight of the General, a heavier bow is more stable and thus inherently more accurate. In one sense this is a good thing for the General since the axle to axle length is fairly short at 31 inches. Also consider that the Center Pivot riser design tends to distribute the weight over more of the full length of the bow making it, again, more stable.

On the other hand the added weight can be a bit tiresome initially especiallyif you are not accustomed to it. In that sense the Allegiance would be a better option since its weight is more in the average range.

Also consider that thereis alot of emphasis put on longer axle to axle length bows and increased downfield accuracy...and for good reason. With that thought in mind though, and as suggested above, one of the other Bowtech offerings might suit your particular combination of needs better. In this sense I am thinking of the 101st Airborne. Its axle to axle length is a bit longer at 36 inches plus you have the option of switching between smooth and fast modules to customize the draw cycle a bit. You could easily use the smooth mods for hunting and/or field archery while relying more on the speed mods for 3D.

Just some things to think about. Hope it proves helpful.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:23 PM

The four bows on my list for a new purchase are the General, the 82nd, Marquis and the allegiance. Although they are pretty different from one another they all seem to be great. Im pretty sure im going for the Marquis but i really want a Bowtech also. I thought that the General was pretty heavy and the 82nd seemed to have a fairly heavy draw cycle, but hey you dont get those speeds without a price. Like others have said its driving me mad trying to choose. Really liked the Marquis's feel and draw so thats whats swaying me so far.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: centurion

The four bows on my list for a new purchase are the General, the 82nd, Marquis and the allegiance. Although they are pretty different from one another they all seem to be great. Im pretty sure im going for the Marquis but i really want a Bowtech also. I thought that the General was pretty heavy and the 82nd seemed to have a fairly heavy draw cycle, but hey you dont get those speeds without a price. Like others have said its driving me mad trying to choose. Really liked the Marquis's feel and draw so thats whats swaying me so far.
Only you can decide!!

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Dan
Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 PM

Thanks for your input guys. Now I have some more thinking to do. I never tried the Airbornes because I wasn't sure about the longer AtA since I do most of my hunting out of a treestand. If it's not that big of deal I think I'm going to try them out now.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ParkerBrother

Thanks for your input guys. Now I have some more thinking to do. I never tried the Airbornes because I wasn't sure about the longer AtA since I do most of my hunting out of a treestand. If it's not that big of deal I think I'm going to try them out now.
Concerning the A to A of the Airbornes, I would not let that deter me from trying one. I have Bowhunted for 40 years and used many bows much longer than the Airbornes and it was never a problem

Dan
Old 02-03-2008, 12:30 PM

Can you imagine owning all four of these bows . . . . hanging in the garage next to each other. I would lay awake at night trying to decide which one to take out hunting in the morning. And then sit in the stand all day wondering if I made the right choice. It's bad enough with two bows . . . .
Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Can you imagine owning all four of these bows . . . . hanging in the garage next to each other. I would lay awake at night trying to decide which one to take out hunting in the morning.
No kidding. I would just have to close my and walk to the wall and take the first oneI touched.

And then sit in the stand all day wondering if I made the right choice. It's bad enough with two bows . . . .
Nah, i don't think you could make a wrong choice with those 4 bows.

Quick Reply: General or Allegiance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.