Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

General or Allegiance

Old 02-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: General or Allegiance

LOL guys, I do have all 4, right now I walk out the door with the 82nd. I shot a 3D shoot with it today.

Bigbulls is right tho, no wrong choice in the group.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Spike

What a nice problem to have! I ended up with a Guardian and Commander last year. Usually sell my bow or bows at this time of year and get on with
the new whatever. Well, this year I'm keeping both of them and maybe, just maybe one new to go with them. Been trying a lot of new bows last week
and this week. Hoyt, Mathews, Alpine, Diamond, Bowtech, PSE, and so far would you believe that an Allegiance has felt the best. It wasn't the one
with the least amount of hand shock, the General was on top of that list. It wasn't the fastest, the 82nd and X-Force were there, but for some reason,
the Alley just felt the best in my hands, before, during, and after the shot. That's why it's so important for a bow buyer to try as many bows out as
possible before making his or her purchase. I'm still not 100% decided on the Alley, but very very close.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Fork Horn

Very tough call. I was in the same rut and could not decide between the two. I ended up getting the General and love it. It is totally up to you. Good luck with whatever you decide. You are in good shape which ever way you go
Old 02-09-2008, 05:02 AM

I have a 07 Ally, and I jumped at the chance to shoot the General as soon as it came out. I really liked the General, but I wouldn't have traded my Ally for it. I think the extra weight of the General is the big difference for me. With my Ally totally rigged out with a quiver full of arrows, it weighs about the same as the General does as a bare bow. If I was going to only have 1 of the 2, the Ally wins out for me.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ParkerBrother

Thanks for your input guys. Now I have some more thinking to do. I never tried the Airbornes because I wasn't sure about the longer AtA since I do most of my hunting out of a treestand. If it's not that big of deal I think I'm going to try them out now.
The longer Airborne only really is about 2" longer at the ends. Not real drastic. By the way, I shot the General but will be keeping my 07 Ally.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been shooting the General some the last day or 2. I switched out the Fast mods for the smooth mods and OOOooo how sweet! I think the General will be my Turkey Bow of choice this spring. The Short A to A and quiet, accurate shoot ought to fill the bill for Turkeys out of the Double Bull

Dan

Old 02-11-2008, 08:55 PM

Not much to offer here but I test fired them both last week when I bought my Black Ice. Pesonally the General felt a little top heavy so I would have to say Allegiance. Good luck